MMC6500 Component question

umgan
umgan Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Looking at the crossover that came with my MMC6500 components, i see that there is a single and dual input mode. can anyone explain what the difference is to me? Currently I ran my speaker wire from my amp into the tweeter input and then out to the tweeter and 6.5" woofer. What case would i use dual input? is that if i wanted to power my woofer and tweeter on seperate channels?
Post edited by umgan on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    In single mode, you run both the mid and the tweeter off one single channel from the amp.

In dual mode, youre running the tweeter off one amp channel and the mid off one amp channel. Thats bi-amping. You would use that if youre using a 4 channel amp for instance and want to run the tweets off the front channels and the mids off the rear. This allows you much more flexibility in tuning compared to straight wiring.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hrdhtdvr
    hrdhtdvr Posts: 103
    edited January 2008
    umgan wrote: »
    Looking at the crossover that came with my MMC6500 components, i see that there is a single and dual input mode. can anyone explain what the difference is to me? Currently I ran my speaker wire from my amp into the tweeter input and then out to the tweeter and 6.5" woofer. What case would i use dual input? is that if i wanted to power my woofer and tweeter on seperate channels?

Just adding my $.02. I have these installed in my truck up front. They were bright at first, but after getting "Broke in," they sound AWESOME !!!!!
    Alpine 9855 hu
    Polk/Momo MMC 460 (Rear)
    Polk/Momo MMC 6500 (Front)
    Polk/Momo MM 2104 Sub
    Amp: JL 500/5
    Wires: Street Wires
    Sat Radio: Sirius PNP
    Mitsubishi HS-U577
    Toshiba -SD1700 DVD player
    Klipsch Speakers
    Center: RC-7
    L&R:KLF-20
    Surrounds:RS-3
    Sub: KSW-15
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited January 2008
    hrdhtdvr wrote: »
    Just adding my $.02. I have these installed in my truck up front. They were bright at first, but after getting "Broke in," they sound AWESOME !!!!!

I agree :)