need radio\speaker suggestions for 99 Crown Vic

McLoki
McLoki Posts: 5,231
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I currently own a stock 99 crown vic LX and use it primarily for transportation to and from work. (about 50min each way)

It has the factory cassette deck in it and I listen to lots of books on tape during my drive to work. I would like to upgrade to a CD\Cassette deck to expand my options but am unsure what to get.

If stock CD\Cassette is not an option (I don't think ford offered one that would fit my car), is there any aftermarket radio's that are double din that will fit my car? (don't really care for the look of a single din radio in a double din slot.

My current radio\cassette is the cassette version of this radio, notice it is double din in the front, but single in the back. (ignore the big silver bars, those are the radio removal tools)
dintoolsinserted.jpg

As far as speakers go, the ones in the vic are not that great. I would like to upgrade them and was wondering what line of speaker you recommend for increased voice clarity over stock. I have 5x7 front door and rear deck speakers. Is the DB line enough to offer a decent upgrade for the money over stock?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Michael
Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)