How bout them Cowboys? And Colts too?!

fireshoes
fireshoes Posts: 3,167
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I can't believe the outcome of today's playoff games! And also that no one is discussing them here! (or maybe I am blind) :D

Chargers @ Patriots and New York Football Giants @ Packers next weekend! Wow, congrats if you parlayed that one correctly...
Post edited by fireshoes on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2008
    Both Cowboys and Colts peaked too soon. When you lose a step in the last 4-6 games of the season, it is tough to get back up for the playoffs.

I throwup in my mouth a little bit everytime I think of a Chargers/Giants Superbowl........:rolleyes:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2008
    pats and packers this year....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2008
    beardog03 wrote: »

That's where my money is at.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2008

That would be an interesting game.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2008
    packers packers packers packers packers packers
    PACKERS!!!

-Luc
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited January 2008
    I've got go with the Packers. The looks on Payton's face near the end were PRICELESS!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited January 2008
    I am very very very sad that the cowboys lost...yet somehow I knew they would the way the team's been acting. Playoff time is serious business time, not get loose time. Today it was obvious that the giants were the sharper team...

The Colts, the one year they won the SuperBowl was the one year they didn't get a bye.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited January 2008

This is where I'm placing my bet as well. Unfortunately, I don't think the Packers will have a chance. I'll still be pulling for them though.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited January 2008
    New England won't go undefeated. I said it when they were 8-0 and I'm sticking to it dammit :cool: They get beat by the Chargers next week or by the Packers in the SB ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    The lesser of 2 evils for the Pats???? It's hard to decide. The game against the Giants, was too friggin close for my liking. But, to see Favre vs. Brady in the S.B. would be scary too. Especially, after Sat. performance by G.B. The 'old gunslinger' vs. the 'new kid'-if that's what comes-stand by for a major SHOOTOUT!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    I hate the Cowgirls and am glad they lost. Now I want the Pack to knock off the Giants.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Definitely a surprising day of football.

Pats Packers Super Bowl will have so much freakin' hype. But it will be the first time in quite a while that the two "best teams" throughout the season will be in the Super Bowl, which si nice.

A Giants / Chargers Super Bowl, however unlikely, would be the worst thing ever. :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Isn't is amazing though how it has come full circle in 10 years. I would love to see the Pats/Pack rematch. Do you remember how overconfident the Pack was when they played the Broncos and the Broncs just shut them down.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2008
    I love watching a game in GB when it is snowing. Before I turned the game on I said, Let it Snow, Let it Snow. Should be a good one next week.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Gotta go with the PACKERS,wishfull thinking though.
    .......and comming from the team that beat them twice in reg.season.Just don't like NE that much.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2008
    The best part, no more T.O. for seven months!!!!
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2008
    I was really dissapointed when the Colts lost, as they're my team. But watching the Cowboys lose cheered me up a bit. After watching the Cowboys lose and TO crying after the game, I almost completely forgot that my team got shut down by the Chargers yesterday.

Indy really didn't deserve to win that game yesterday the way they played. Anyone watch the post game interviews with the Colts and the Cowboys players and coaches?

Indy again showed that they have class from top to bottom, no one making excuses, everyone basically giving credit to the Chargers for coming in and shutting them down. Tony and the Colts didn't get it done this year, but they're a classy organization from top to bottom.

The Cowboys, on the other hand...

Wade mentioned a bad call, Terry Glen being 'tired' and the fact that TO was injured (even though everyone said he was 100% before the game), Tony saying (we'll go back and watch the film, maybe). I like how Terrel starts crying (defending his quarterback) and talks about it's all about the team, and then goes on to talk about how's he's always had good relationships with his quarterbacks (of course that's false) and then goes on to make sure that everyone knows that HE is a good guy and has always had his quarterback's backs...

I would have liked to see both games go my way, but if I had to choose between the Colts winning and the Cowboys losing, I honesly don't know which I'd choose.

The only downside to things turning out the way they did is that now the only two teams that I believe really stood a chance of beating New England are out of the mix, yesterday's action pretty much clinches the super bowl win for NE.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    Indy should have made excuses, of any team in the NFL they've been the worst bitten by injuries. Good for them for giving the Chargers credit.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2008
    I've watched all the postgame interviews, not a single mention of injury or a single excuse given. Hell, Dungy even brought up the fact that the Chargers won without LT and their starting QB...

You NE fans have to be happy this morning though. You've already beaten the Colts once this year, but you gotta admit playing the Chargers is an easier way to the Super Bowl, especially since it doesn't look like LT or Rivers will play...
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    No doubt. Even with the Colts beaten up, they've played us in enough big games (and beaten us) that they still were the scariest opponent left on the table for us.

It's not a foregone conclusion that we'll win it all - this weekend's games reinforced the fact that anything can happen - but I do like our chances :)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited January 2008
    Diehard Bears fan here. But I have a lot of respect for Brett Favre and by geography and tradition I'm supposed to hate the Packers. I'm just basking because the only positive for the Bears this year were the (2) wins over the Packers.

I think it's going to be Packers/Patriots Super Bowl and I think from a purely football POV (fan attitudes aside) it's going to be a great game and I have to give the slight edge to the Pack. It pains me (as a Bears fan) but there is no denying Favre's talent and he is fun to watch.

H9

P.s. I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time as I see fit ;).
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited January 2008
    I'd like the see the Pats and Packers in the Super Bowl, If for no other reason than to get a shot to beat them in response to what they did to us in 1997. Amazing that their starting QB is still the same guy after all these years. Nothing but the utmost respect for Favre.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
    One thing about the Indy game, did they remove the rule about removing your helmet on the field? One of the SD players removed his helmet in celebration after the 4th down failed, and I remember a few years back that lost one of the teams their playoff game (was it Browns?).

I'm glad SD won, just think that the Colts would have taken down the Pats. SD has a good chance by the way Pats have been playing but healthy Colts certainly would have been difficult match-up for the Pats, now SD needs to give Brady hell in order to win the game. Time for Merriman to step up and break Brady.

Yeah, very very glad the Boys lost. :)
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
    Never mind, Indy had already turned over the ball as the penalty would have been after the 4th down play so it wouldn't have made any difference.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    But watching the Cowboys lose cheered me up a bit.

Understatement of the year...when McQuarters made that interception, I woke up all 3 of the dogs in 3 different rooms ;) .

I guess there will be a LOT of the " Boys" sitting in the stands at the NFC Championship game seeing as Jerry Jones already bought 2 first class plane tickets for the family of every player...already knowing they were going to win :)

I missed the entire first game being out of town with the better half.....I wasnt too surprised to hear the Colts lost...I was surprised to hear LT and Rivers were injured in the game...hope they both are ready to play come gametime.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2008
    Oh my heartbreaking! Down goes the Cowboys. I was actually surprised to see T.O stand up for the team, especially Romo. Now, I hope good ol Brett Favre goes out big. It would be great to beat one of the best teams in the NFL's history before retirement.

A great amount of people lost great amounts of cash this Sunday, I was unfortunately one among the crowd. Dallas plus Over.
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited January 2008
    Go 49niners!! ... I know that was random please don't hurt me...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2008
    I don't think that SD has a chance... as much as I'd love for them to beat the Pat's, they just have no chance.. no chance.

The Pack roll's the Giants. Giants just can't put anybody away when it matters, and I think that Brett has one last item on his "Bucket List" before he kicks it, and that is get another ring.

Pack vs Pat's... What a game for the ages! No way to call that one. I actually think that the Pack will pull it off. Of course, I also thought the Chief's would win 10 games this year before the season started... so HA. :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited January 2008
    I kind of feel the Packers are the team of destiny this year. The Cowboys thought it was them, most people think it's New England....I think it's the Pack. The way they shrugged off that 14-0 deficit to Seattle and roared back was amazing.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited January 2008
    Go 49niners!! ... I know that was random please don't hurt me...

Don't worry, we won't. What the 49ers must inflict on their fans is far worse.

Oh yeah, thanks for the 7th pick in the draft. :D