Amp setting help!!

jhornsbee1
jhornsbee1 Posts: 9
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
In my car I have 2 kenwood kac-9103d 1800 watt amps both with a alpine SWR-1242D running to them. What should i set the levels to on my amps to get the best performance? The amps have the following level controls

Bass Boost Level (dB) - 0-18
LPF Frequency (Hz) - 50-200
Input Sensitivity (V) - 5(min) - 0.2(max)
ISF (Infrasonic Filter) switch - Off-15Hz-25Hz
Phase switch - 0 - 180

Please anyone know what i should set them to?
Post edited by jhornsbee1 on

Comments

• GLN305
    GLN305 Posts: 96
    edited January 2008
    Set the subsonic to 25, try 15 later if you are missing some lows.
    Leave the bass boost off.
    Set the LPF to about 70Hz.
    Turn your radio up to about 3/4 volume or if you are runing your other speakers off the radio, turn it up until they distort and then back off a little.,
    then adjust the gains on the amps until the sub starts to distort and then back off a little. Repeat for other sub amp. If you are using an amp for your mids/highs then adjust it first. Listen to the system a while and try changing the phase on the sub amps, both at the same time and see if it sounds better. Lastly you can change the Low Pass filters a little to see if you can blend the subs in with the front speakers.
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited January 2008
    its hard to hear distortion in a sub... thats why they can be run off a class D amp.... just put it how u like it to sound.... and make sure that turning the volume up absolutly as high as u listen to it doesnt cause it to clip... u will know when it does if it is going BOOMBOOMBOOMBOBOOBBMOBMOBMOBMBOBOMBM really fast
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8