Installing second amp signal cable

jhornsbee1
jhornsbee1 Posts: 9
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just got a second amp, and i have everything hooked up except for the signal cable. Is the a way to run it from the allready existing signal cable, or do i need to take off the head unit again and input it to another pre-out... please help, want to be able to use my new system.
Post edited by jhornsbee1 on

Comments

• GLN305
    GLN305 Posts: 96
    edited January 2008
    Give us some details on your system:

1. What amps are you using?
    2. What are the amps being used for (subwoofer, front speakers, rear speakers, etc)?
    3.What head unit are you using?

Make sure and tell us all the equipment you are using so that we can give you a clear and directed answer.
  • jhornsbee1
    jhornsbee1 Posts: 9
    edited January 2008
    The amps are for my subs, i have two kenwood kac-9103d 1800watt amps and two 1500 watt 12" ALPINE SWR-1242D. I have the amps hooked up allready except for the signal cable on the second amp. The inputs on the amps are rca inputs. how would i jump the signal cable from the first amp to the second?
  • chunk69
    chunk69 Posts: 15
    edited January 2008
    hey gt wt i meant from other page
  • GLN305
    edited January 2008
    OK, I just looked on Crutchfield at your amp and it apparently has Line outputs. You can run an RCA cable from the line output of the amp you have the signal going to now into the other amp's line input.
  • chunk69
    chunk69 Posts: 15
    edited January 2008
    just asked that on dif page
    another words using amp as junction rca leads going through amp
  • GLN305
    edited January 2008
    chunk69 wrote: »
    just asked that on dif page
    another words using amp as junction rca leads going through amp

Yup, basically feeding the signal into and through the first amp and out to the second.