Looking for info on db691 speakers

lkptpete
lkptpete Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
OK, I'm removing the factory Bose system from my 1992 infiniti Q45. In each front door, there is currently a 4" speaker in a ported enclosure with a small amplifier board inside. (these enclosures are completely hidden under the door panels). I have removed the enclosures and made plates that cover the hole in the door and have room for the db691 to mount (with plenty of window clearance and no interference with the door panel). I am thinking about enclosing the back of the speaker and an looking for ideas on enclosure volume for the midbass driver in the db691. sealed box? ported box? If I wind up building back-boxes for the front door locations, I will most likely do the same for the pair of db691 speakers that I'm installing in the rear deck. System notes: initially these two pairs of db691 speakers will be running off deck power ("high-power" JVC HD-radio CD player). Eventually I will run an outboard 4 channel amp for these and run an additional amp and sub setup. For now the deck and speakers are all I have the budget for.

-Pete
Post edited by lkptpete on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    You might wanna stick with free air for now. Theyre designed to work IB so you might want to give that a try first.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D