Polk MOMO MM6 confusion

rallymsp
rallymsp Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I've had this set for 2-3 years now still BNIB. On my 3rd car since I bought it so now i've decided its time to install them. My car has an opening for a 5x7 or 8 i dont remember.

I know I can fit a 6.5 with a lil modification.

The MM6 box says that its a 6.5 component set.
Polks website says its a 6.75, so does crutchfield.

Which is it? I don't know if I can fit 6.75 in the car. :confused:

TIA
Post edited by rallymsp on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2008
    Theyre 6.75s. You might be able to get them to fit without much cutting using a 1/2" baffle.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • DemonAstroth
    DemonAstroth Posts: 131
    edited January 2008
    Are the SR6500's smaller that those? I had some MM6's and had to sell them for there was just no way to make them fit into my 4x6 stock location.

However, the 6.5's I'm currently using (Alpine SPX-177r), fit without much problem. I want to switch to the Polk SR's in the future, but I wouldn't want to buy them if they will not fit.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2008
    The SRs have a smaller width and mounting depth, yes. How much? You'd have to look at www.polkaudio.com/car
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    Depth is going to be your biggest issue. Yes theyre 6.5's but theyre freaking HUGE 6.5's! they look like 6.5" subs so make sure that even tho you can fit the diameter, you have enough clearance behind them to work.

Ths SR's are smaller like Cody said but the basket is a funky shape and so they dont fit as easily as the run of the mill 6.5 so you may have to use a small spacer but a 1/4" spacer comes with them so it shouldnt be a problem if youre currently running 6.5's.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • DemonAstroth
    DemonAstroth Posts: 131
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I have almost an inch to the front (grill of the door), but towards the rear I know I don't have much left, as the glass gets really close, maybe 1/4" .

I want to get the SR's and some 12" Polk Momo's and I'll be set... my goal is almost complete!

Demon