Friend has gone home

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
My friends dad Mr Carl Bolender (80's)has been struggling with leukemia since the mid 90's. They gave him 3-6 months to live. Lots of prayer put the disease into remission. He was quit healthy till about 6 months ago. He had a triple bypass, and received a pig valve transplant. After being weakened by the surgery his leukemia came out of remission. The last weak has been real tough on him. He was a strong old cowboy with a large loving family. Until recently he has been driving his big 4wd tractor, and taking care of his ranch, and animals. The man has given much to his family, friends, and the community. He will be dearly missed by a multitude. He is in a much better place now. This is kinda my goodbye to him, and I will see him again. Its sad that he is gone, but it is also a happy time knowing that he is feeling no pain now, and he is up in glory.

Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2008
    Ben, thanks for sharing and may your friend rest in peace. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2008
    My feelings are with you Ben.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Ben, thanks for sharing and may your friend rest in peace. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

I appreciate the prayers for the family. Even though most of his family are believers it is real hard to say goodbye.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Sorry to hear it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    R. I. P. Carl!!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like a stand up gentleman and that he will be truly missed by many.

RIP Carl.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    An email sent to me by his son Tom

"My Dad, my hero, my best friend went home to be with the Lord today at 5:00
    pm.

He battled his illness until the end. I would expect nothing less from my
    hero.

I would like to thank all of you for your support, encouragement and
    understanding. It is greatly treasured."
    Thanks
    Ben
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    An email sent to me by his son Tom

"My Dad, my hero, my best friend went home to be with the Lord today at 5:00
    pm.

He battled his illness until the end. I would expect nothing less from my
    hero.

I would like to thank all of you for your support, encouragement and
    understanding. It is greatly treasured."

My hero went to the Golden Shore two years ago. Tip O' the Hat and a prayer sent Ben.;)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Sorry about your loss. Sounded like a hell of a guy.
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    Well Friday was the day of the burial. The funeral was in Dade City, and the burial was in Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell Florida. It was cold, and rainy. They did 56 burials that day. The WWII vets are dieing off at an alarming rate.

BOLENDER, Charles L., 80, was united with the Lord January 10, 2008. He was a 50-year resident of Fort Lauderdale and, more recently of Dade City, Fla., and John Knox Village of Pompano Beach, Fla. "Karl" is survived by his loving wife of nearly 63 years, Doris; three married sons, Tom, and Linda, Jeff, and Lucia, and Beaver, and Tracy; and one daughter, Becky, and John. He is also survived by a sister, Ann Sabia. Karl also enjoyed eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Additionally, he held in highest esteem many extended family members. As a boy, he attended Riverside Military Academy. As a young athlete, he attended Clemson University, and as a young man, attended Villanova University. Karl also proudly served in the U.S. Navy during both World War II and the Korean campaign. Forty years ago, he was co-founder of Coral Ridge Little League in Fort Lauderdale and served as a board member for many years beyond his coaching duties. He also served on an active board representing Boy Scouts of America. After vacationing in Colorado, he became interested in Fellowship of Christian Cowboys, eventually helping to establish chapters of Fellowship of Christian Athletes in several Fort Lauderdale high schools. His interest in horses also grew and for the past 10 years he enjoyed his own ranch in Dade City. Karl' s propensity for things of God prompted him to give, to everyone he met, a tiny gold lapel angel. Many in the Dade City area will remember him and his little angels. His love of life, love of family and of friends was admired by all who knew him. Above all, his love of the Lord was the driving force in his life. He will be greatly missed by all whose lives he touched. The family will receive friends 5-7 p.m. Thursday, January 17, 2008, at Hodges Family Funeral Home, 14046 Fifth St., Dade City. A funeral will take place at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Sacred Heart Church in St. Joe, Fla., with interment at Florida National Cemetery in nearby Bushnell. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be given to St. Jude Children' s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN, 38108 or by phone 1-800-805-5856 or www.stjude.org
    Thanks
    Ben
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    It appears Carl was a great man, husband and father. My condolences go out to all of his family, friends and loved ones.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited January 2008
    Sorry to hear, prayers sent for family and loved ones.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.