Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited January 2008
    Datastorm wrote: »
    when you called a telephone number for some service and you got an actual person right away.....and the person on the other end was in the United States, and English was their native language. And they weren't reading from a script, you could actually have an intelligent conversation with them and get a problem resolved....

Anyone remember that......

Oh yes....I used to be a customer service rep at a call center for GTE Wireless (before they became Verizon and fired everyone in California).

Unfortunately, we are still required to use a script....although I never stick to it. Somehow, I have been mistaken as being Dutch (twice!!) over the phone....which I am not if you look at my last name. :D

What?? You want credit because you dialed the wrong phone number?? Yeah, right!!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    Let me guess......you had to call 'tech support/ cs' for something, right?
    All that stuff is right next to the rotary dial phones...in the local landfill
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    i wonder if people in other countries have to call the United States for tech support? with our thick American accents? Ha.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    i wonder if people in other countries have to call the United States for tech support? with our thick American accents? Ha.

Thanks good:D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited January 2008
    Dell's support has been the worst for quite some time now. Bought a camera from them last Christams, got an out of stock notification. Called and cancelled the order, two weks later they shipped it anyways! I refused delivery, and had many phone calls trying to get my card credited. A month later I had to call Visa to get my money back.

On a brighter note, I had to call Canon yesterday to get a printer replaced. No hold time, and the phone was picked up by an American! I was shocked.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Datastorm wrote: »
    Then, I had a couple of questions about my Visa Card and got someone in India which I really didn't expect......
    To me, that's scary. Now he/she knows your information and it is now an international issue if he/she uses it. :eek:

Bye bye good ol' days. You will not be missed..........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    I was on the phone with a foreign nation trying to get support for Trend Micro Virus Protection.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    FYI...If you do your taxes w/ H& R Block, the person your sitting next to ISN'T doing them, someone in India is. The 'preparer' is just entering the data onto the internet, and someone in India is doing YOUR taxes!!
    Saw that on '60 Minutes' years ago.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    FYI...If you do your taxes w/ H& R Block, the person your sitting next to ISN'T doing them, someone in India is. The 'preparer' is just entering the data onto the internet, and someone in India is doing YOUR taxes!!
    Saw that on '60 Minutes' years ago.

The Hell you say?!?!?!?!? What???!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    do they teach people how to speak understandable English when they put them on the customer service phone bank or just let anyone answer the phone who knows a tiny little bit of English?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited January 2008
    WHen we moved, we transferred our internet over to the new house. I called as I was able to reach a speed of 3mb. I got some person who I could not understand a word of. I got frustrated ended the call and called back...After 4 days of calling and trying to get someone who I could understand and who undderstood what I was asking without having me reformat me puter, I got it working at the proper speed.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2008
    I have a hard enough time trying to understand english from someone from Boston, Minneapolis, or Savannah, let alone someone from India calling herself "Daisy"..........:rolleyes:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited January 2008
    I called MS to register a copy of server 2003 over the phone.
    That was fun. It took about six calls. I finally got someone who could help me.
    The automated line couldn't handle a copy installed from an image as part
    of an application. Neither could most of the reps. Finally someone listened
    to what I was saying instead of just re-acting and hitting the transfer key.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Don't know about you guy's,but someone transfers my call to butt f@%k Egypt,I am hanging up the phone,selling that product,and moveing on.Screw that crapola.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable