Loss of an old friend.

MSALLA
MSALLA Posts: 1,602
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Our family has sufford a great loss today. Rocky, our 12 year old american pitt was put down. He had lost 16 lbs in 5 days. After a visit to the vet we found a tumor the size of an orange in his liver causing liver failure. This was all rather sudden. Rocky was a fun loving happy dog and will be missed by our family and many friends.
Big Thanks to my mother as I had to work late tonight and she went to the vet with my wife.Had I thought there was a chance he would not make it home I would have told work I could not make it. My wife is a mess and the guilt is killing me.
Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
Yamaha RX-V2500
(2) Outlaw 200
Adcom GFA 555
Sony BDP300
Denon 2900 DVD
Lsi9's mains
Lsi7's rear
Lsic center
12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
Harmony 880
Post edited by MSALLA on

Comments

• nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited January 2008
    Sorry to hear that.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    A shot of Kentucky's finest for me, and one in the ground for Rocky, sweet clean puppy dog.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    Very sorry to hear. I just went through something pretty much identical to your situation. :(
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    sorry and very saddened to hear about Rocky.. may he rest in peace in doggie heaven.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    I raise my glass to the life and good times of Rocky.

RIP old friend. :(

MSALLA, I know this may not make a difference in how you feel right now but you did the right thing. I'm sure Rocky's up in doggy heaven right now thanking you. Don't feel guilty, just try to celebrate/remember the good times and memories that Rocky has provided your family thru the years.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited January 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    A shot of Kentucky's finest for me, and one in the ground for Rocky, sweet clean puppy dog.

Now, that's the way to say goodbye to an old, loyal friend.

My condolences. Dogs are great. They're perpetual Happy to See You machines.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2008
    RIP Rocky...my condolences to you and your family

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MusikSource
    MusikSource Posts: 44
    edited January 2008
    Best of thoughts and wishes to you Michael.
    Right or Wrong Just Offering My Oppinion!!!

Panasonic PT-AE1000U 1080p Projector
    LG-BH200 Super Blu - Ray/HD Combo

Onkyo TX-SR805
    2 Pair Polk Rti-8 Front & Rear
    Polk Fxi A4
    Polk CSi A6 Center

Sub’s Abstract ASXPRO10
    Onkyo SKW-530
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Sorry about you loss. RIP Rocky
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2008
    Sorry for your loss.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    My condolences. May Rocky RIP.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    Sorry to hear that. Dog's rule.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2008
    My heart goes out to you and your family.

Don't beat yourself up about anything, man; hindsight's 20/20. We lost our dog this summer, one week before our wedding. My wife's parents were watching the dog while we were away doing the whole bachelor/bachelorette thing for the weekend. I didn't bring Inego with me camping 'cause I didn't feel like being responsible for keeping an eye on him. Her father was taking him out, Inego got spooked by a truck driving by and bolted into the street. I get the call from my wife while driving back, getting back from having a great time doing something the dog would have loved to do himself. Needless to say, I felt so responsible, just racked with guilt in what should have been one of the happiest times in my life. I couldn't shake that feeling, 'til my wife helped me put it in perspective. She reminded me about his life, and how happy he was with all the things we had done together. The thing that really got me was when she mentioned how he looked at us, just waiting for us to tell him something to do. He lived to make us happy. He would have been disappointed that I was sad, it's not what he would have wanted, no matter how bad the situation was.

It's never easy losing a dog.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    RIP Rocky. losing the dog is bad enough, don't compound it with the guilt. I'm sure that dog had a good life for those 12 years.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MSALLA
    edited January 2008
    Thank you for the kind words everyone. Rocky did have a good long life. My guilt is for the fact that I chose to work instead of going with Bern to the vet and she had to be the one to hold him as he got the shot. She is really torn up about the whole thing. I'm proud of her though for doing the right thing.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    My heart goes out to you Mike. It's almost as bad as loosing a child. I hope you find peace soon.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    I felt bad for Bev, he cried for days after Sam had to be put down. Give it a couple weeks, she'll start feeling better. Bev still tears up every now & then when talking about Sam--it's to be expected.

Sorry again man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    RIP Rocky. This is never a good day for the family left behind, we can also be glad Rocky is chowing down in God's doggie heaven.

RT1
  • MSALLA
    edited January 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I felt bad for Bev, he cired for days after Sam had to be put down. Give it a couple weeks, she'll start feeling better. Bev still tears up every now & then when talking about Sam--it's to be expected.

Sorry again man.

It is and she will start to feel better soon. I just hate that she had to be the one to actually do the deed.
    Hey, this is all part of having pets. But it's a hard part and never easy.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Dog's rule.

Dogs rule x 10.....dont beat yourself up...as hard as it was it was for the best. I am right there with ya...had to do it myself this last october and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do thus far in life.

Rock on dog lovers...we are the best....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • MSALLA
    edited January 2008
    Dogs rule x 10.....dont beat yourself up...as hard as it was it was for the best. I am right there with ya...had to do it myself this last october and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do thus far in life.

Rock on dog lovers...we are the best....

Yes, I remember that. It's always hard isn't it. Joe's right, it's like loosing a child. My other dog Sassy is stuck to my side now. I know she feels the loss of her friend.
    Still, they say at 12 years and with an average weight of 70lbs. he was around 90 years old in dog years and lived like a king. While to some he may have been scarry to look at, he was like a big playful baby.

There is nothing more american then a boy and his dog (or a girl)
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2008
    I'm soo sorry for your loss,I have family members that I have thought less of than a dedicated pup.
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited January 2008
    Msalla, My sincere condolences to you and your family. It is just good to know he is no longer suffering. RIP Rocky you were a good friend to MSALLA.

I hear you on the guilt big time. My wife took our Pug to the vet and the same thing happened. I still feel guilty even though there was no way I could have known. Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault.