It's been just over 4 years...

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
...since the Delihma thread. I was bored at work and decided to walk down memory lane!

One thing that struck me was the number of other forums mentioned. Now I never used to frequent many other forums because all the "kidz" were on the other forums and they are aggravating at best with the attitudes and "fanboi" behaviors. So I just stay away. Yeah, maybe I can learn a few things at these other forums and maybe I can help out. But to me, the effort it takes to wade through the BS just to get to the small percentage of useful stuff is just not worth the time.

But, out of boredom and curiosity, I visited anyway, today, a few of them.

So here is a list of what was listed:

www.soundillusions.net
www.elitecaraudio.com
www.caraudioforum.com
www.termpro.com
www.acoustic-visions.com
www.carsound.com
www.caraudio.com
www.sounddomain.com
www.caraudiotalk.com
www.eXcessiveSounds.com
www.soundhertz.com
www.dbfanatics.com
www.canadiancaraudio.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi
http://pub51.ezboard.com/bcaraudioknowledge
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/

Now, there are a couple on there that are good resources. The 12 Volt was always a good one and so is caraudiotalk. But overall, nothing's changed. I thought maybe the "kidz" would have grown up and while some of them have, they have just been replaced.

It's depressing really. What else is pretty depressing is how many self-proclaimed experts are out there. Experts in everything from basic electronics and circuits to auto mechanics. What's worse is how wrong or off-base so many of them are.

Now I'm not saying that this place is any better. I'm not going all gung-ho Polk Audio either. I'm just making observations. I guess I'm just rambling but I was stunned 4-5 years ago at the amount of misinformation that's out there but what's worse is how much of it is still out there and still wrong. Also, the level of brand bigotry and/or fanboi status is immense also!

Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I'm just amazed at how much things don't change. But they do change too. Maybe not for the better. Oh well.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited January 2008
    no advertising please. :-D
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    Yup, I remember that thread. Memories.

Carsound.com used to be the top tier car audio forum on the net. All the big dogs and industry big wigs were there. Its a ghost town now. Once the magazine folded they quit paying guys like Richard Clark, Mark Eldridge and all those to moderate there and it dried up. Still, the archives of Carsound should be standard reading for all car audio rookies. Tons and tons of excellent information there regarding most anything.

Elite Car Audio seems to be poised to take its place as most of the big dawgs seem to be hanging there now. I know most competitors are on that one.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited January 2008
    There's a lot of good information over at ECA....
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2008
    I like ECA and soundillusions, the rest are pretty much worthless. I havent been to cat in a long, long time. It was dying for a while. Now, I pretty much limit myself b/t this forum, fullsizechevy, and diymobileaudio.com (one of my favs), but even they have been been plagued with a bunch of idiots lately, but that forum has a way of weeding them out, always a good thing.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited January 2008
    I like dyma as well.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)