BEst Cream Soda

POLKOHOLIC
POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
1. Jones Pure Cane Cream Soda
2. Dr. Browns Cream Soda (only in New York City)
Post edited by POLKOHOLIC on

Comments

• LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited January 2008
    Absolutely, Jones. Best I've ever had.

I'd crack one open but Guinness has the stage tonight.:D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,446
    edited January 2008
    Dr. Browns Cream Soda in the bottle. Add a brisket on rye with mustard and a kosher sour.......it just doesn't get much better.

BTW, you can get it in a lot of places other than NYC.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Frank's, it is a Philly brand.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited January 2008
    Blech! Only tried it once & hated it!

Maybe I should try some of this recommended stuff again?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    Oh man, I don't get to have cream soda very often, but it is certainly a treat!

So far, I've never heard of any of these brands. I've just had the typical Stewart's, IBC, etc.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • POLKOHOLIC
    edited January 2008
    stewarts is ok. doesnt compare to jones pure cane or dr. brown.

i've never had the dr. brown's cream soda in a bottle....we only have cans here in nyc.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2008
    Henry Weinhard's cream soda is also very tasty.
  • POLKOHOLIC
    edited January 2008
    as an aside: when purchasing jones cream soda make sure it says 'pure cane' on the bottle. the taste is much different.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2008
    Jone's is fantastic, however, it can be a little too sweet for me at times.

I LOVE good old fashioned A&W Cream Soda. YUM!

My brothers and I used to get $1 allowances as kids and we would go to the Giant Eagle and all buy a six pack of GE brand Cream Soda for the week. Too bad it only lasted 2 days tops, so we were out for another 5. :(
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,446
    edited January 2008
    POLKOHOLIC wrote: »
    i've never had the dr. brown's cream soda in a bottle....we only have cans here in nyc.

Here you go,

http://www.sodaking.com/product_info.php/products_id/113
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
    The day I can walk into a store down here in Jersey and get a chocolate egg cream, life will be okay. Or a vanilla one. Or an old-fashioned.

Dr. Brown is awesome stuff.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Neverheard of Dr. Brown....... so Jones it is for me.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    I've got Jones cream soda sitting in my fridge as we speak. great stuff
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2008
    Truth be told, I am a cream sode fanatic. I have had all brands listed and all are equally yummy!!!! I tend to go for IBC because it is readily available. Safeway had 2 six packs for 3 bucks last week, so I bought 4 packs of cream soda and 2 of their black cherry. I'm already down to the last six pack of each!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited January 2008
    The day I can walk into a store down here in Jersey and get a chocolate egg cream, life will be okay. Or a vanilla one. Or an old-fashioned.

Dr. Brown is awesome stuff.

George, you and I are going to pay a visit to the F&M Deli! They make egg creams as good as any I ever had in New York City and they are right here on Church Street in Mt. Laurel!

Also, the reuben is spectacular and their Monte Cristo is to die for! It's the sammich to end all sammiches!

Oh yeah, they got Doc Brown's stuff too! Including Cel-Rey Water. If you like that kinda thing. Cel-Rey water reminds me of grass clippings, not my favorite at all.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    Jstas wrote: »

Also, the reuben is spectacular and their Monte Cristo is to die for! It's the sammich to end all sammiches!

mmmmmmmm, I havent had a good monte cristo in a DOGS age!!!!!!

a place near me that made em good closed, and at the end they werent good anymore due to a different chef :mad:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited January 2008
    ohskigod wrote: »
    mmmmmmmm, I havent had a good monte cristo in a DOGS age!!!!!!

a place near me that made em good closed, and at the end they weren't good anymore due to a different chef :mad:

You can't even pick this one up! You gotta eat it with a knife and fork! They use egg dipped and fried bread with the best cold cuts around then stack the sammich and put a slice of pineapple on top and then throw it in the oven until the pineapple caramelizes and the cheese is ooozing out of everywhere! Then they dust it with powdered sugar and give you raspberry jam on the side!

Yeah, makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Their corned beef just melts in your mouth! They make such wonderful sammiches of all kinds there and everytime I walk in, it smells like my grandmother's kitchen! They even make the Kapusta Perogis just as good as she did! A pile of fried onions on the side with some sour cream...man! that's good eatin'! (Oh, kapusta is cabbage or sauerkraut). If only I could get them to get the kielbasa from the Polish-American Deli in Runnemeade, that'd be a lunch to wash down with a pint of Yuengling!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2008
    Had a can of Jones with my lunch today. Great stuff.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre