New "Toy" on the way

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I finally sprung for the one i've been wanting for many many years. I did all the paperwork yesterday and should have it around the 15th.

http://www.glock.com/english/glock22.htm

I got the night sights also.

Oh hell yeah!!!

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2008
    sweet I used to own one. I tested the safety features of the weapon by loading my own shells and accidentially putting a double charge in one. Blew the top of the ceramic barrel off and bent up the metal of the ejection port like a peeled bananna. (only peeled about 1/4 inch, but that metal is really thick and it was rather impressive.)

All I got for my trouble was glock offering to sell me another one for building cost (way below what I purchased it for and very nice of them since the issue was clearly my own fault and not at all any fault of theirs) and a tingiling hand.

Was shooting 3 shot strings and the 3rd shot of one string seemed louder than average and my hand started tinging. I looked down and was holding a plastic handle. The entire rest of the glock was lying on the ground. It was like I had just dismantled it on the spot. (except the broken and torn pieces)

based on my experience I would definatly purchase again (but would fork over the cash for factory loads...)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Oooo nice. Congrats.

My friend and I just found out the other day that our town threw away 2007 gun license applications saying they won't be issuing anymore licenses to residents in town. Now I have to reapply and get a lawyer to file it all for me.

Eventually I'll have something like that. :(
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I finally sprung for the one i've been wanting for many many years. I did all the paperwork yesterday and should have it around the 15th.

Oh hell yeah!!!

John

You mean the Kingdom of Maryland actually lets you own such pieces of gear! I'm shocked, I tell you! :eek:

Shoulda got a SIG, but hey...at least you got something. The model 30 is a great shooter though too much like 2x4 lumber in ergonomics.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    Nice work! The Glocks are great little pieces for the money, but I too can't get comfortable shooting them. I am a big fan of the Springfield Armory XD series. Try them out sometime, because just so you know -- you just got involved in another expensive hobby. ;)
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    :eek:
    McLoki wrote: »
    sweet I used to own one. I tested the safety features of the weapon by loading my own shells and accidentially putting a double charge in one. Blew the top of the ceramic barrel off and bent up the metal of the ejection port like a peeled bananna. (only peeled about 1/4 inch, but that metal is really thick and it was rather impressive.)

All I got for my trouble was glock offering to sell me another one for building cost (way below what I purchased it for and very nice of them since the issue was clearly my own fault and not at all any fault of theirs) and a tingiling hand.

Was shooting 3 shot strings and the 3rd shot of one string seemed louder than average and my hand started tinging. I looked down and was holding a plastic handle. The entire rest of the glock was lying on the ground. It was like I had just dismantled it on the spot. (except the broken and torn pieces)

based on my experience I would definatly purchase again (but would fork over the cash for factory loads...)

Michael

Congrats on the new toy Strong.....wow..I had the TOTAL opposite good to bad ratio with handloads vs factory rounds. My handloads have always been the most reliable/accurate ammo I have ever shot ( I am pretty anal when I load them...all measured ( Not just metered ) ...never physically touch/contaminate the primers....always fully resize casings and never use them more then 3 or 4 times...etc.

Factory ammo now...most would never have an incident...but I shoot so much I used to go through thousands of rounds of factory ammo before I started reloading in bulk ( And still use it a lot when I am either lazy , or just dont need the laser repeatabilty/accuracy ...as in my plinking calibers....45 auto..44 mag..etc )

I have had factory Israeli IMI in .44 magnum have squib loads lodge a bullet in my Super Redhawks 9 1/2" barrel ( Luckily I knew not to squeeze again :eek: )....same ammo..same batch of about 3,000 rounds also had overloaded cartridges in it that blew the action open on a friends T/C Contender ( Not destroyed ...just cause it to unlock and drop forward ..no permanent damage ) .

I have had factory remington ammo split the virgin brass ( Pulled the rest of that box of 50's bullets from the cartridges and measured the powder weight..although not as uniform as I had hoped to see..none were grossly overcharged..blamed that split on poor brass forming as other cases in that box were thin on some sidewalls )

Those are just two...have had about 3 other factory ammo failures...so only 5 in multiple thousands of rounds...pretty damn good and why everybody loves factory ammo....but my loads are more accurate and I have never had one failure in the field with them.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    My friend and I just found out the other day that our town threw away 2007 gun license applications saying they won't be issuing anymore licenses to residents in town. Now I have to reapply and get a lawyer to file it all for me.

You talking FID or Class A?

They can't legally deny you an FID if you "qualify" (no criminal record, are older than 21, etc). But good old Massachusetts gives complete authority to the chief of police for pistol permits (and for those of you who don't know, an FID is pretty much useless in Massachusetts. Not allowed to possess a handgun, rifle with a more than 10 round capacity, or shotgun with more than five round capacity), so if you piss off your Chief of Police in any way good luck ever getting one.

Second Amendment indeed.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2008
    Congrats! I have a Ruger .40 that's my second favorite handgun behind my Kimber .45.

My next firearm project is to complete my FAL before the next admin gets another gun ban through.

just so you know -- you just got involved in another expensive hobby.

Yup. It's tough to stop at one. :eek:
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2008
    I-SIG wrote: »
    You mean the Kingdom of Maryland actually lets you own such pieces of gear! I'm shocked, I tell you! :eek:

Shoulda got a SIG, but hey...at least you got something. The model 30 is a great shooter though too much like 2x4 lumber in ergonomics.

Wes

Yeah, you can own handguns in Maryland, it's just nearly impossible to get a concealed carry permit for one.

Speaking of which...

Are you aware that the state of Florida issues concealed carry permits to out state residents and said permits are good in 27 other states? Other states follow Reciprosity Laws, but Floridas permit is accepted in the most other states. Go here...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Click on Florida and see if your state has reciprosity for their permit. There is a huge gunshow here in Maryland the second weekend of February (Timonium Fair Grounds). An out of state dealer will be setup to file all the necessary paperwork (fingerprints, photo ID, paperwork and conduct safety class) for the Florida Concealed Carry Permits for non-residents. Yeah, Maryland does not honor it, but all the surrounding states do (PA, VA, DE).

If nothing more, this is my way of saying EFF YOU MARYLAND, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!! Baltimore City, #2 in the nation in per capita murders and getting worse. Hello...2+2=??? Ya get it???

Ok, off my soapbox. I chose the Glock, other than it's damn reliable, accurate and tough, because it's very simplified and straight forward.

John
    No excuses!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »

Oh hell yeah!!!

John

John - That's the one I have. If you want to mod it, let me know, as I've done a host of things to mine.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2008
    Demi, you little ****! LOL!

Doro, will let ya know. What have you done?

FRAG OUT!
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    Email me, I'm not going to talk about it here.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    WI & IL you CAN'T even apply? WTF? I thought Taxachussetts was bad. I'm glad I moved to SC. Good luck BL!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited January 2008
    PLEEEASSSSEE stop posting those images! My retinas are scorched! :(:mad:
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    I love my 19 and 26.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited January 2008
    my fave is still my old reliable colt .45 national match circa 1965. Not too much recoil, not too much muzzle blast and a whole lot of punch out to 50 yds; after that, there are a lot of good choices. Home defense and close quarter combat calls for a heavy hitter without overpenetration the very definition of the 45 acp.
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • edwardm10
    edwardm10 Posts: 104
    edited January 2008
    I've used the model 22 for the last 8 years. I've never had a malfunction and it is pretty much idiot proof. I like it so much that im going to buy the model 27 next.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2008
    Yup... it's what we carried on the force. Sweet weapons. Thousands of rounds (maybe ten's of thousands) fired through that thing, and not once a bad feed or misfire.

Simply feels good in the hands... you can't ask for a more dependable weapon... 15 and 1 in the hole. Oh ya!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2008
    Very cool John, a plastic gun...nice ;) Stay clear of that Absinthe now, you hear!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.