Sometimes you have to be quick on Audiogon

del44
del44 Posts: 686
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
About a week ago there was a listing on a'gon for a complete Revel Ultima system. I didn't see it until the 2nd day. I sent an e-mail to the seller about 2 Sub 30's that he had for sale at $1900 each. Man, these would really finish off my setup. And a great deal to boot. Later that evening I get an e-mail stating that they are sold, damn too late. A couple of days later there is a listing for 2 Revel sub 30's for $2850 each. The zip codes between the 2 listings are almost the same. Yep, some guy buys the subs at a great price and puts them on the back up for sale. The dude didn't even take them out of the boxes for pics. I would guess that there is alot of that going on, when there are good deals to be had. Oh well, I guess i'll have to get the SVS PB-13 ultra then.
Post edited by del44 on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,713
    edited January 2008
    Should be titled "You always have to be quick on Audiogon". I can't remember the number of times I responded to something within the first few hours of being listed only to find out that it was sold already.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2008
    billbillw wrote: »
    Should be titled "You always have to be quick on Audiogon". I can't remember the number of times I responded to something within the first few hours of being listed only to find out that it was sold already.

At least they are kind enough to respond to y'all! Me, on the other hand...

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2008
    Everyone wants a deal, and there are plenty of deals to be had. Problem is, you gotta check Audiogon, the Polk Flea Market, etc. several times per day for a chance at grabbing most of these great deals.

And, of course, this rule almost always applies -- you'll always find something when you're not looking for it.

P.S. --

Del, if you want those Revel subs and they are still available, make the guy a reasonable offer and just buy them, even if you have to pay a few bucks more than you wanted to. Once you hook them up and they sound fantastic, you'll quickly forget about what you paid.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited January 2008
    Early B. wrote: »

P.S. --

Del, if you want those Revel subs and they are still available, make the guy a reasonable offer and just buy them, even if you have to pay a few bucks more than you wanted to. Once you hook them up and they sound fantastic, you'll quickly forget about what you paid.

I know. I've been thinking about making him a offer. But at the same time I hate giving him the satisfaction.:)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    del44 wrote: »
    I know. I've been thinking about making him a offer. But at the same time I hate giving him the satisfaction.:)

buy them from him. then kick him the nad's for sniping you on that Agon deal. ;)

I have NO problem what so ever walking away from a deal. other's will come up.. patience is key
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,713
    edited January 2008
    I-SIG wrote: »
    At least they are kind enough to respond to y'all! Me, on the other hand...

Wes

Actually, I don't usually get a response. I just figure things out when they change the status to SOLD.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Audiogon needs to get some sort of 'Buy It Now' system in place like Ebay.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2008
    Audiogon needs to get some sort of 'Buy It Now' system in place like Ebay.

Agreed. The website needs a lot of re-vamping.

I'd like to see a sort by price feature and a better search functionality. For instance, I'd like to be able to search only for preamps with remotes. I like how you can conduct only local sales, but many people probably aren't aware of it.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."