Post Holiday Stress

fatchowmein
fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I was over at my mother-in-laws and the first thing I heard coming in was the local classical music station playing in the background, sounding muffled like there was a towel wrapped over the speakers which was strange considering she has a 1970's Panasonic receiver with built in record player and 8 track player and the original Panasonic speakers. This system usually sounds awesome.

Turns out the music was playing on a Bose Wave music system she received as a Christmas gift from one of her friends. She was very proud of it and I'm happy she's thrilled with it but she wanted me to hear how great the bass was. I love her to death and not to knock Bose but I think her Panasonic sounds vastly superior. She has yet to year my LSi15's.

Anybody else run into these kinds of problems? I'm considered the audio/video guru in the family and I always want to run and hide whenever a family member wants an opinion on their new, proudly purchased toy.

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    I was over at my mother-in-laws and the first thing I heard coming in was the local classical music station playing in the background, sounding muffled like there was a towel wrapped over the speakers which was strange considering she has a 1970's Panasonic receiver with built in record player and 8 track player and the original Panasonic speakers. This system usually sounds awesome.

Turns out the music was playing on a Bose Wave music system she received as a Christmas gift from one of her friends. She was very proud of it and I'm happy she's thrilled with it but she wanted me to hear how great the bass was. I love her to death and not to knock Bose but I think her Panasonic sounds vastly superior. She has yet to year my LSi15's.

Anybody else run into these kinds of problems? I'm considered the audio/video guru in the family and I always want to run and hide whenever a family member wants an opinion on their new, proudly purchased toy.

Just tell her it's nice. I gave up trying to convince people a long time ago.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited January 2008
    Just tell her it's nice. I gave up trying to convince people a long time ago.

No one in the family believes me when I say "nice". :rolleyes: