This Guy is Mental

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9oKkw0sOSg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9oKkw0sOSg&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

- Dan Osman

He's dead now (shocking, I know).
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2008
    I don't even like to climb 2 flights of stairs!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    He's in awesome shape but he definitely has a death wish.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    He's dead now (shocking, I know).

Wasn't a matter of IF....just a matter of WHEN.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    A real life Spiderman.

EDIT: WAS*
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2008
    Guys, a beginner in decent shape on a rope his first day could climb that. To an experienced climber that climb was as dangerous as climbing a staircase. (the speed was impressive, but it wasn't "that" dangerous) Now if he was pulling that crap on a 5.11a or higher, then he's a nutter. Oh wait, he has... (and that is why he's dead)

A lot of the crap he did is the scariest mistakes you can make climbing but he did it on purpose. Moron....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited January 2008
    I thought he was climbing with great care despite his speed until he jumped up to a ledge with both hands free!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    (the speed was impressive, but it wasn't "that" dangerous)

Cool, can't wait to see the video of your solo climb. :)
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited January 2008
    i would need to stop for a ciggy
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited January 2008
    let me guess how he died?? he fell while rock climing
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited January 2008
    tom t wrote: »
    let me guess how he died?? he fell while rock climing

Nope. While free fall jumping, whatever that is.
    He died on November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock formation in Yosemite National Park.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Cool, can't wait to see the video of your solo climb. :)

Actually, that's how my wife broke her leg Dec. 1 (20 ft wall rather than 400). Double coumpoud fracture just above the ankle... ;)

Again, just because someone could do it very easily doens't mean you should...

William: There are two ways that I'm aware of to do it, one is to have guy anchor you in and then fast belay the free fall, this is relatively safe and slow, the other is to just anchor the rope and jump and count on the stretch of the rope to keep you from breaking your neck. I've never seen either done in real life, nor would I want to. Just stories told at the rock.

BTW, here's some my climbing partners after a day climbing.....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited January 2008
    bruss wrote: »
    i would need to stop for a ciggy

LMAO...I needed one after watching it!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2008
    Well, one is my wife and one is our current "guest/roommmate" ;)

Can't wait until some goober googles me: "But you pulled those pics off of a girls facebook site, you're a liar!"
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    FUUUUUUUUU#K That!! I'll stay in my bucket with a safety harness.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited January 2008
    goddamn...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Wow. I almost don't have enough balls to watch that video.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2008
    And I thought base jumping was crazy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2008
    I wonder if one is awarded a medal for stupidity when you reach the pearly gates?
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2008
    That guy is insane...I guess his guardian angels (as he called them) took a day off...
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited January 2008
    I missed it. I heard the Metallica and dug out a Metallica CD from a concert I went to. I put it in and jacked it up on my system! RAWK!
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    ...wow...
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Well, one is my wife and one is our current "guest/roommmate" ;)

Care to elaborate on this some more? :D
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2008
    Just in case you wanted to see what he was doing when he died. (No, he doesn't die in the vids)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSsOrEPyNRU