The Missing link.

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I finally got my Belles 28A Reference Preamp. Bought it a few weeks ago but somthing was not totally right and sent it to Dave Belles to be checked. Apparently the brown people dropped the box and had a couple of lose capacitors in the power supply.

This pre is extraordinary. The "holographic presentation" and soundstage is as never heard by these ears, and the phono section made me hear what vinyl is really capable of. Sweet.

Tomorrow I should get the DVP SN999 ES to get a taste of SACD. Still not sure if I will keep the Musical Fidelity DAC for redbook.

Happy camper here.

205_81_big.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2008
    Congrats Ricardo. Looking good my friend.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2008
    I hate that all my stuff looks so........Vanilla. :(

I need to get rich somehow.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    I need to get rich somehow.

:D:D:D:D

You're not alone, buddy! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    Hopefully that's a trash bag on top of the turntable.....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited January 2008
    I still miss my speakers. :(

Good to see you are keeping them well fed! Enjoy!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    tryrrthg wrote: »
    I still miss my speakers. :(

Good to see you are keeping them well fed! Enjoy!

There is just something about monitors....particularly good monitors.

Sorry for your loss :)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Very nice, Ricardo. Enjoy.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2008
    Very nice Ricardo! The system looks awsome!
    Carl

• Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Hopefully that's a trash bag on top of the turntable.....

Not quite yet.

SOPA
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited January 2008
    Man that system looks sexy as hell. I love a well put together system.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2008
    Nice pair of high-fidelity pliers :) I'm assuming those are the special audiophile version with the cryogenically treated jaws?

All kidding aside, very very nice looking system!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited January 2008
    What speaker cables are those int he picture? You have signal listed, but those look more like something MIT would offer.
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for all the comments (including Mark's)

This thing is truly spectacular. Dave Belles sure knows how to design good sounding gear. I need to take this pair to the next Polkfest. There will be followers ;)

Here's a closer look.

007-2.jpg

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    What speaker cables are those int he picture? You have signal listed, but those look more like something MIT would offer.

They are MIT terminator 2's. I also have a pair of Signal Ultra and a pair of MAC Sound Pipes and swap them once in a while. I am trying hard to hear differences....don't want to be left out on cable discussions :D

SOPA
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    Very nice Ricardo!

If your interested, I can provide the name of an Audiogon seller who makes custom covers for tables at reasonable prices. I had him make one for me and I am very happy with it.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Rich. I think I know who you mean. I just don't want to spend on the cover until I am confident this TT will stay for a while. The trash bag will do for now ;)

SOPA
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2008
    Very nice.

No toe in on the Dyns?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    Sweet pre-amp...the vinyl is forgetable, but that front and back end isn't. Top Notch Ricardo.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I think I know who you mean.
    1854k @ Audiogon is the guy. High quality with a great pack in an oversize box.
    I just don't want to spend on the cover until I am confident this TT will stay for a while. The trash bag will do for now ;)

I hear you! I have something going and may have a different one 30-40 days from now.:eek::D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • GSRBOB
    GSRBOB Posts: 172
    edited January 2008
    Very nice indeed. The only Dyn's i've heard were for car audio. The crossovers looked very plain. They didnt really sound good to me, i think it was the rest of the equipment that ruined them. Lets just say i know the rest didnt do them justice.
    Onkyo TX-NR801
    Fronts- RTi 10's
    Center- CSi5
    Rear- Coming Soon
    Sub- Velo DPS-10
    Pwr- Monster HTS 3600
    LCD- KDL-40XBR2