New Toys

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
sometimes, you just need a realististic toy lightsaber that lights up and makes all the cool noises.

I give you the Force FX lightsaber folks. If your a closet Star Wars Geek, you should not be without one.

I picked up 2 of these in case any of my house inhabitants just feel like breaking out into a Jedi/Sith dual.

very realistic hilt, with light up blades strong enough to play fight with. makes cool sound effects when you wave them around and hit stuff. I have been playing with these things nightly like a complete nerd :rolleyes:

my wife and friend Kevin is in the picture
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    Stupid rich people. :mad:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    LOL...your wife has a look on her face like "this is really ****."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Stupid rich people. :mad:

Yeah, I think he is lying... I mean who would really buy 2 of them?
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2008
    F*ck you!!!!!...lol :D

Steve, your probably right, but its funny that she was the one who insisted I buy 2.....go figure
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2008
    by the way, the blue one is the replica of Luke's saber from episode IV and V. the Red saber is no other than a replica of Darth Vader's.

I'm still trying to find Mace Windu's. It's out there somewhere!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    I was shopping for one of my nephews at Toys 'R Us for Christmas and I saw this. I was like sweet, totally getting a couple of these. They were like $99 effin' dollars a piece. Not ridiculous, but I wasn't going to spend that kind of coin for a 7 year old to bust. :eek:
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    LOL...your wife has a look on her face like "this is really ****."

I agree. Lou you need help man.
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I agree. Lou you need help man.

puhleeaase!!!!!!!

you'll be up here playing with them to no end and you know it punk!!!! who you trying to kid ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I was shopping for one of my nephews at Toys 'R Us for Christmas and I saw this. I was like sweet, totally getting a couple of these. They were like $99 effin' dollars a piece. Not ridiculous, but I wasn't going to spend that kind of coin for a 7 year old to bust. :eek:

I hear ya man, this seems to be a little pricey for a young kid's toy to be honest. I see more Star Wars adult fan boys buying these than little kids. Thats not to say these arent apprently tough little toys. My friend Charlie brought his up (hence me buying 2 next day) and he told me he beats the snot out of his.

the blades are polycarbinate, pretty tough. certainly not indestructible, but tough. they make a lighsaber clashing sound when they hit something, so they are made to hit stuff to an extent. The blades can not be removed, since they are hardwired to the hilt for light and sound
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2008
    Dude, those things are soooo cool. Don't let these guys give you a hard time, they secretly want them for themselves.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2008
    strider wrote: »
    Dude, those things are soooo cool. Don't let these guys give you a hard time, they secretly want them for themselves.

my neighbors can probably see me playing with them at night thorugh my picture window in the living room, and I can hardly give a f%^k about it...lol

I like what I like, and apologize to no one ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    Hahaha, man, that's awesome.

Well, everything except the price tag! :eek:
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2008
    Oh **** dude, I gotta have the Darth Maul dual edged one (if they make it)! Where can you get these?

Bring it on Ohski-Wan Kenobi!

Darth Strong
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2008
    Eff that. I want a real one.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2008
    So nerdy its awesome.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Can you really fight with them or do you have to be gentle?
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2008
    welp, i'm no nerd. i might buy one of these things anyway, though. i can use it as a trouble/work light.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    Dadburn your cantankerous hide, SCompRacer! Now I want one!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Dadburn your cantankerous hide, SCompRacer! Now I want one!!!

LOL So do I!:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited January 2008
    i would break it in 5 minutes
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Hey watch it Lou, you are coming dangerously close to BRAGGING about new gear!!! LOL!!!!!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2008
    bruss wrote: »
    i would break it in 5 minutes

i wouldn't. those things look so nice, i wouldn't want to hit them against ANYTHING!!!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited January 2008
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side"

Those sabers are cool but I would love to get a replica of Solo's pistol. I just don't want to cough up the dough $$$$.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    I thought you finally found a Lou sized version of the Symbian....damnit.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.