Need advice: College for working adult in DFW area

fatchowmein
fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I never finished my degree. I was a junior I think (definitely not sophomore; might be a senior). Looking to go back and change major to a BA. I've been out of school 15+ years.

I'm looking at Amberton U, Dallas Baptist U, and Univ Tex at Dallas. I will be working 40+ hours. I may go for an MBA down the road but definitely not right after my BA.

Anyone with a school recommendation for the DFW area?

Not interested in Univ of Phoenix, ITT Tech, or Devry. SMU is way beyond my pay grade.

Thx

Yes, I need to go get my transcript.
Post edited by fatchowmein on

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
    With work schedule it's important to pick the one close to work or home. :)

UTofD, that's right there on Texas Stadium, isn't it? UD is also close and quite a few of my old collegues went there as it's close to Nokia Campus (Irving).
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2008
    UTD is on Coit and Campbell in North dallas. Great school, especially for engineering and anything IT related. My GF just graduated there in early december.

I think it's a bit of a commuter school, so not biggie for you fitting right in. My GF said she had a 80 year old one of her classes; always her dream to graduate so she went to school after her husband passed. Not that you're 80, but thought it was a cool story to pass along anyway.

Good luck! I have my BBA but maybe thinking of MBA someday. SMU is a ton of cash. Pretty much just paying out the a$$ for some wealthy / successful networking.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2008
    UTD is where I'll be picking things back up this summer...
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited January 2008
    I'll try and apply everywhere and see who gives me the best deal in terms of credit and co$t.
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited January 2008
    Considering your work schedule, have you thought of getting your BA on the Web. It's certainly becoming more popular and perhaps affordable than tradional classroom education.

The one I have been looking at is from UNT.
    http://www.untecampus.com/default.cfm?pfile=programs.cfm

I know Texas Tech offers a non traditional degree, just not sure if they offer a BA yet.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa