Rose Bowl Champs...Again!

BottomFeeder
BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Just happy 'bout my boys, the Trojans of So. Cal., who finally put it all together and did what most suspected they could do.

Kicked heiny! (Not H9:D)

Whooo hoooo!
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
Post edited by BottomFeeder on

Comments

• Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited January 2008
    Another reason for a playoff system. Overrated Big10 had a easy trip to the championship game. Ill beat OS.

I am surprised by Michigan over Florida though. That was a huge surprise.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2008
    Surprise ? ... Florida proved again that it was overrated ... I had to laugh when the commentators prior to the game were stating that ... Well if they beat Michigan ( an unranked team ) then they'd have to be ranked #1 at the beginning of next year ... LOL ... What they proved instead was that they couldn't beat an unranked Big 10 team.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    I for one,find it very confusing on how they rate teams.Wish they would adopt a better system.It's hard to get behind a team with that crappy way they do things.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited January 2008
    Go Bucks!!! (not to be confused with last year's "Go Bucks!!!").
  • Phasearray
    edited January 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    I for one,find it very confusing on how they rate teams.Wish they would adopt a better system.It's hard to get behind a team with that crappy way they do things.

yes rankings make no sense. LSU is favor to win against OS, yet OS is the voted by all to be the #1 teams.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    Tennessee wins....Florida loses...

It was a good day! :D
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    shack wrote: »
    Tennessee wins....Florida loses...

It was a good day! :D

Thanks for being an SEC fan,,,,:rolleyes:

Illinios made USC look good, plain and simple. Who in the hell doesnt throw a foward pass a whole half?

Although I'm very happy for the scholl of Hawaii, they really had no buisness being in the Sugar Bowl.

Welcome to the BCS...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • shack
    edited January 2008
    jakelm wrote:

I am a SEC fan...and have pulled for almost every SEC team to win. I was glad to see Georgia send Hawaii packing (so much for DESERVING to be in the championship game :rolleyes:). It was good to see Croom get a win and anytime Clemson gets beat is a good thing. Kentucky I could care less...they will go back to sucking again next year. Arkansas...you could see that train wreck coming.

I think Tebow is a good kid and deserved the Heisman...but Urban Myer is a **** and deserves to lose.

It would not have broke my heart if Alabama had lost either. Mr. "I AM NOT GOING TO BE THE COACH AT ALABAMA" (many times over) is right up there with Myer on the **** scale.

One of my favorite teams is ANYBODY who plays Ohio St. so I am defintely pulling for LSU.

See...I AM an SEC fan and know it pretty well....

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2008
    Phasearray wrote: »
    yes rankings make no sense. LSU is favor to win against OS, yet OS is the voted by all to be the #1 teams.
    Well if you have ever seen a LSU game in the dome you'd have a better idea of why this is the case ...

I was there a few years ago when LSU topped Oklahoma ... Oklahoma really couldn't get it together the entire game ... That much crowd noise in a closed in stadium could cornfuse anyone ...

O Who ? ...
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    I am a SEC fan...and have pulled for almost every SEC team to win. I was glad to see Georgia send Hawaii packing (so much for DESERVING to be in the championship game :rolleyes:). It was good to see Croom get a win and anytime Clemson gets beat is a good thing. Kentucky I could care less...they will go back to sucking again next year. Arkansas...you could see that train wreck coming.

I think Tebow is a good kid and deserved the Heisman...but Urban Myer is a **** and deserves to lose.

It would not have broke my heart if Alabama had lost either. Mr. "I AM NOT GOING TO BE THE COACH AT ALABAMA" (many times over) is right up there with Myer on the **** scale.

One of my favorite teams is ANYBODY who plays Ohio St. so I am defintely pulling for LSU.

The Georgia game was just pittiful. I respect Hawaii, but they are for from the caliber needed to be in the BCS,

See...I AM an SEC fan and know it pretty well....

I pulled for every SEC team in the Bowls. It has been said many times that the SEC is the strongest conference in college football, its time we showed it. 6-2 in bowls games this year, thats great. And LSU will cap it off with a victory.

Myer "deserving" to lose? Hmmm...as an SEC fan watching and SEC team in a bowl game, I wouldnt say so. Regaurdless of how you feel about him personaly. I want all the SEC players to win their bowl games.

Sabin? Alabama? I'm glad they won as well. Even though I dont care for Sabin.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• shack
    edited January 2008
    The Georgia game was just pittiful. I respect Hawaii, but they are for from the caliber needed to be in the BCS,

Jake - please don't add your comments to my post when you quote me. I can misspell words on my own quite nicely…:p

• jakelm
    edited January 2008
    Jake - please don't add your comments to my post when you quote me. I can misspell words on my own quite nicely…:p

I am sorry...I ment to add it after the quote and tagged onto my quote..I was wondering why I couldnt see it.....my appologies...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Phasearray
    edited January 2008
    jakelm wrote: »

Although I'm very happy for the scholl of Hawaii, they really had no buisness being in the Sugar Bowl.

Welcome to the BCS...

I wouldn't go that far. Georgia might be the best team in the nation right now and alot of good BCS team has gotten blown out in the last few years. USC blew out Oklahoma, Florida blew out OS, and USC blew out Michigan and Ill in recent years. ND got blown out by LSU and OS in their last two BCS appearance but I guess a good argument could be made that they did not belong.

What Boise St did last year should be justification enough that a Non BCS conf team that goes undefeated should be in one of the 5 bowl games.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • shack
    edited January 2008
    Phasearray wrote:
    What Boise St did last year should be justification enough that a Non BCS conf team that goes undefeated should be in one of the 5 bowl games.

Boise St. was an aberration. Boise State had an outstanding defense and had already proved it could beat a good team with a 42-14 win over Oregon State that went 10-4 last year. Most of the non-BCS teams that work their way in do so with an extremely weak schedule (like Hawaii's) and the result is usually just like last night. If you want to play with the big boys...act like the big boys.

• Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited January 2008
    Also an SEC guy here. They're doing pretty good so far. Only surprise was Michigan who came out on crack and beat Florida. Hats off to them for a great game.

Here's a little bit of wishing rearranging to this years BCS. Personally I'd love to see an 8 team playoff.

USC vs. Georgia – Rose Bowl
    These two are arguably playing the best ball right now. I’d throw Oklahoma in there, but they play tonight and we’ll see if they’re in the same boat. I know folks out West love the Rose Bowl, but Illinois had no business playing USC. The Rose Bowl would be okay in a playoff system, but as long as they rope in the Big10 and Pac10 it’s going to keep muddying the water.

Hawaii vs. Illinois – Sugar Bowl
    Ask Colt Brennan if he ever wants to play Georgia again. I kind of felt bad for those guys.

Virgina Tech vs. Missouri - Orange Bowl
    We all know Missouri got shafted for loosing their conference championship game. They romped on Arkansas and I predict they’d be better competition for VA Tech over Kansas whom they beat last game of the regular season. I'm still trying to figure out how Kansas got into this game.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • shack
    edited January 2008
    If you put Illinois and Hawaii in an 8 team playoff...that would be a travesty. Neither one deserves to be there.

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    Good lord, Georgia is not the best team in the nation, and that's exactly what's wrong with this BCS crap. You're free to say it and I am free to say you're wrong. There's no difinitive proof and we'll never know for sure, because the best teams won't hash it out on the field. Instead we rely on the voters to pair the 'right' teams, whatever that means.

I am not a conference lackey, but I will laugh if tOSU walks all over LSU, which I have a sneaking suspicion they will.

Aside from the gigantic pantload that is the BCS, the teams that stopped playing in late November are not the same teams playing on the first of the year. It's almost as if winning the bowl games is reliant on which coach babysat the best for 4 weeks.
  • shack
    edited January 2008
    The best teams don't always win a tounament championship either (ie: the NCAA BB tourney). The team that get's the best break or the team that happens to he hot a that particular time is usually the winner in a single elimination playoff. All a playoff would prove is who wins at that particular time...nothing more.

• jakelm
    edited January 2008
    Georgia is about 3rd in the SEC. Far from the nations best.

I think it comes down to, not who belongs in the BCS, but who doesnt. There are many great teams, but if you look at it as a whole, the BCS standings are right.

I am just disapointed, as a football fan in general, that better games were not played. As far as the "top" Bowls were concerened.

Congradulations Hawaii for playing in the Sugar Bowl, now you see what it takes to play in the BCS, take your $4 mill and make your school even better.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Phasearray
    edited January 2008
    Boise St. was an aberration. Boise State had an outstanding defense and had already proved it could beat a good team with a 42-14 win over Oregon State that went 10-4 last year. Most of the non-BCS teams that work their way in do so with an extremely weak schedule (like Hawaii's) and the result is usually just like last night. If you want to play with the big boys...act like the big boys.

Sure if you can say the same of Ohio State. They played two meaningful games all year, Michigan and Ill and lost one of them. Compared to the rest of their creampuff scedule, it's no better than Hawaii.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • shack
    edited January 2008
    Phasearray wrote:
    Sure if you can say the same of Ohio State. They played two meaningful games all year, Michigan and Ill and lost one of them. Compared to the rest of their creampuff scedule, it's no better than Hawaii.

Let Hawaii play Ohio State's schedule and if they go 11-1 so be it. Hawaii would do very well to even go 7-5 with that "creampuff" schedule.

• Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited January 2008
    The best teams don't always win a tounament championship either (ie: the NCAA BB tourney). The team that get's the best break or the team that happens to he hot a that particular time is usually the winner in a single elimination playoff. All a playoff would prove is who wins at that particular time...nothing more.

Yeah, but it sure is nice after the basketball tourney that you know who the real champ is and don't have split titles. There may be no nirvana scenario with college football, but I'll take a simplified playoff over what we've got now.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008

So what? :confused:

I mean, really....you can argue who the best really is until you're blue in the face. A 'W' or an 'L' is a result, which is what most fans desire. The current convoluted system just causes ridiculous comments from conference/team fans who can claim whatever they want, true or otherwise. We'll never know because the put up or shut up matchups never happen.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2008

Agreed.

Its unfortunate that Hawaii could not have been more competitive on game night.
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008

Or maybe it was Okla, that was alittle overrated....:eek:
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Phasearray
    edited January 2008
    jakelm wrote: »
    Or maybe it was Okla, that was alittle overrated....:eek:

yeah Okl might be a tad overrated this year and last but there are 5 bowl games and 10 teams. There are bound to be 3-4 BCS teams in there that's overrated. Out of those 10 spots, if you're from a non BCS conference and go undefeated, you deserve to take at least 1 of the 10 spots.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • shack
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote:
    So what? :confused:

I mean, really....you can argue who the best really is until you're blue in the face. A 'W' or an 'L' is a result, which is what most fans desire. The current convoluted system just causes ridiculous comments from conference/team fans who can claim whatever they want, true or otherwise. We'll never know because the put up or shut up matchups never happen.

My point exactly...Everyone keeps saying we want a playoff to find out who the BEST is...not who is the champion is. There is a difference and a playoff doesn't necessarily prove who the BEST is. I really don't care who the so called champion is...obviously some do.

• sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited January 2008
    Hey guys, congrats to WVU handing to OU!! WOOT! (k, now the guy from Boise, Idaho ducks his head and exits stage left....)
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2008
    WVU looked good last night.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2008
    The non-BCS bowls have been far more entertaining so far than the BCS. What crappy match-ups.