New Year's Evening All Set

janmike
janmike Posts: 6,146
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Just having a few friends over for a quite eveing. A total seafood evening her in the North. Have the lobster, shrimp, smoked salmon, smoked oysters and King Crab all ready to go.

I'll get the wife to make her crab dip and some salmon dip for the H'Orderves. My special Ceasar salad and we are good to go.

Happy New Year to all you folks out there and may 2008 be a great year for everyone.
Michael ;)
In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
Post edited by janmike on

Comments

• BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2007
    Uhm!!!

What's your address? :D
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited December 2007
    Happy New Years!
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2007
    Happy New Years to all ...

... and remember ... Let's be careful out there ... It's amateur night ...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Just be sure not to melt the igloo with all that cooking and have a great New Year's janmike!

I'll drink two or twelve for ya' tonight. :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    mmmm, sounds yummy!

I'm staying in tonight. Movie night is on the agenda. Got the bottle of Grey Goose Vodka chilled and ready to mix with the OJ. Microwave popcorn along with chips and salsa are ready.

New Years just ain't what it used to be. Too many knucklehead amateurs out there!

See ya'll next year!

John
    No excuses!
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited December 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    mmmm, sounds yummy!

I'm staying in tonight. Movie night is on the agenda. Got the bottle of Grey Goose Vodka chilled and ready to mix with the OJ. Microwave popcorn along with chips and salsa are ready.
    You know Baltimore too good. I'll be doing the same minus the booze, OJ, popcorn, chips, and salsa.
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    Going out to dinner with a few freinds in a couple hourse then we're going bar hopping. Haven't done it in a while, but I live in a bar packed area so we're just going to walk it. Who knows where we'll end up. :D
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    Happy new year everyone. To celebrate the closing of the new year, my 2 year old rear projection TV died today. (have a sony LCD as a loaner but they will not look at my tv for another week.)

Anyway - glad 07 is over, here comes 08. Hope its a good one.

Be careful out there everyone.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Just having a few friends over for a quite eveing. A total seafood evening her in the North. Have the lobster, shrimp, smoked salmon, smoked oysters and King Crab all ready to go.

I'll get the wife to make her crab dip and some salmon dip for the H'Orderves. My special Ceasar salad and we are good to go.

Happy New Year to all you folks out there and may 2008 be a great year for everyone.

Mike please flash freeze the leftovers in one of your igloo blocks and ship it to me!!!

Happy New Year Buddy!!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    Sansui wrote: »
    You know Baltimore too good. I'll be doing the same minus the booze, OJ, popcorn, chips, and salsa.

If I had a kevlar bodysuit, H&K assault rifle, fully armored humvee and Elite Seal Team to join me, I might think about venturing downtown for a bit.

The city that bleeds is at 284 murders for 2007, I have none of the things mentioned above, so in I stay! :D

You're a smart man for doing the same.

John
    No excuses!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    I still owe you some smoked Char. Send me address and I'll se what I can do in the new year. Have a good one Joe.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,444
    edited December 2007
    Michael, I'll be over at 8. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Michael, I'll be over at 8. :D

Yeah Wednesday!!!!:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    Going to my neighbors apt 50 feet away so I can stumble home later. Got a bottle of Jack and a case of beer. Happy New Year everyone.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Me, BIG bottle of Beam, and some tunes. Woman and child are out of town, I'm completely unsupervised tonight.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    janmike wrote: »

Do you ship? Happy New Year Michael,,,have fun.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited December 2007
    im working a detail at the local hotspot club- get to deal with a bunch of arrogant aholes--im at the point in life when id rather make $400 for these types of nites than blow $100-200 going out and getting drunk
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2007
    Oy... going over to a party on my sister-in-law's side of the family. My bro and I are firing off some fireworks. Won't drink until after that's done, and even then, sparingly. Cops are all over looking for DUIs, and I have to work tomorrow (albeit, not until 12:30)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    i'm having two good friends over tonight. luckily, they both like vintage audio gear and vinyl.

got some mixer to make martini's, and some beer, no chips. baked Brie, dill dip, and some veggies.

should be a good pretty quite time to ring in the new year. c'mon 2008!

be safe everyone, and have a very cheerful New Year. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited January 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    If I had a kevlar bodysuit, H&K assault rifle, fully armored humvee and Elite Seal Team to join me, I might think about venturing downtown for a bit.
    I need those just to go across the street in my neighborhood to get something out of the car after the sun goes down!
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Stayed in with the old lady. Had some wine and a half pound of pepperjack cheese, which I'm sure I'll be soon be regretting.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Fondue party at my next door neighbors,Hot tubed it at midnight outside in a snow storm.
    Pretty cool actually.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited January 2008
    I was working yesterday. Late flight made even later by delays. Got home
    at 11:00 P.M. That pretty much describes the last four years. No one else
    will touch the holiday jobs. At least the money for this last week was good!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2008
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I was working yesterday. Late flight made even later by delays. Got home
    at 11:00 P.M. That pretty much describes the last four years. No one else
    will touch the holiday jobs. At least the money for this last week was good!

Suck to be you....

:eek::D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited January 2008
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Suck to be you....
    :eek::D

Maybe not. New toy money means new toys. :D
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson