Brian Billick is gone!

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Can't say i'm surprised to see this. In a way, I'm happy. This guy totally lost control of the team. No one had any confidence in him. Losing to frickin Miami was the big one! Blowing that lead to New England....sweet effing jesus!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175037

Please...bring in someone good.

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited December 2007
    I really liked him, but many things have changed since 2000 and they have yet to have a decent, consistent offensive team, well maybe in 06. What has remained constant is Billick. Defense has always carried the team especially the year they won the super bowl. It's interesting considering they hired Billick for being an offensive genius from Minnesota. It never really worked out.

The sad part is they will get a new head coach, and then get another washed up QB. McNair out McNabb in.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Just keep him out of Miami...I was so glad to see they started swinging the axes down there today as well, with Randy Mueller being fired as the Fins GM.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2007
    The Tuna's grocery shopping.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Other than gaffing that time out call w/ the Pat's, you guys WOULD have won. I'm NOT trying to rub it in, on the contrary, the Pat's really owe the 'Perfect' record to that 1 call.

p.s.: THANK YOU!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited December 2007
    I'm a bit sorry Billick is gone but the team needs a new direction like the Orioles do. I know! Maybe they will get a *real* quarterback! Now there's a novel concept. What am I thinking? It like expecting the Orioles to get *real* pitchers. Ah, yeah, sure...
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote: »
    Other than gaffing that time out call w/ the Pat's, you guys WOULD have won. I'm NOT trying to rub it in, on the contrary, the Pat's really owe the 'Perfect' record to that 1 call.

The time out was called by Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan. He called it before the play went off due to the right players not being on the field (so he says).

What killed us and handed you the game were penalties. Billick lost control of the team. I think this was one our worst seasons, if not the worst, for penalties. No discipline at all!

It's time for change. As far as QB, give this guy Troy Smith a chance. The team just seems to like this guy and have confidence in him. He did pretty good yesterday. Give him the starting spot next season and let him run with it. McNair is done. Boller...christ...lets not go there.

What we REALLY need is an offensive line. If we had Tom Brady or Payton Manning, they'd suck **** big time. No blocking at all.
    No excuses!