speakers to complete my set

edited November 2002 in Speakers
I have a set of rt2000i, a cs400i center and a psw350. I'm looking for rear channel speakers, something like fx500i but I see they are discontinued. Should I just go for the new models or try to find the older fx500i?

My amp has also just went so I'm looking for a new surround (things have change in 10 years).
Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• peteranpeteran Posts: 141
    edited November 2002
    It will be hard to find the Fx500i, unless it is listed in ebay(used).
    I myself was looking to upgrade my rears to the fx500i, but could't find them. I ordered the fxi50's, got them last week big improvement, blends in with the rest nicely and brings a nice enveloping souround sound.

Receiver= Onkyo 797
    DVD=
  • peteranpeteran Posts: 141
    edited November 2002
    submitted reply by accident without finishing.

Reciver= onkyo 797
    DvD= Pioneer 333
    Front Speakers= RT55's
    Center Speaker=CS400
    Rear Speakers=FXi50's (former RT25's)
    Subwoofer= 2x Kenwood 103's
  • edited November 2002
    Thanks for the info. I've looked around the web site. It looks like the rti70 is also recommended. Also, since I'm looking at receivers I see I have lots of new choices from my old failing Pioneer vsx902-s.

6.1 or 7.1, hmm, where am I going to put these speakers and how many....
  • capitan100capitan100 Posts: 172
    edited November 2002
    nice setup..... i've heard the fx500's and I think they sound great. They would match very nicely. I think the fxi50's would sound fine with no discernable difference. At least I probably wouldn't be able to tell...
    Home Theater
    Sony DA7ES 7.1 A/V Receiver
    Sony DVP-NC80V - SACD/DVD player
    CS400 - Center channel
    RT2000i - Fronts
    RT1000i - Surrounds
    a/d/s MS3/u - subwoofer
    Hitachi 62 inch HD TV

2 Channel Room
    Niles HDL-4 Speaker Selector
    Niles HDL-6 Speaker Selector
    Sony V555ES receiver
    Sony DVP-S7700
    Polk SDA-2B
    Polk Monitor 5
    Thiel 03a
    B&W 2001 ZMF
    Signet SL-250 B/U
    a/d/s L400e
    Wharfedale Valdus 100SE
    Polk PSW 350 - subwoofer
    Pioneer Elite Big Screen
  • rganrgan Posts: 10
    edited November 2002
    [email protected], are you still interested in a pair of fx500i (white)? I am debating if I should sell mine at this time or not. These speakers were the first step toward my system upgrade but I had decided to go the Lsi route. Eventually, I would get the LsiFX but can't quite afford it at this time. This pair I own are very new. If you are interested or want more details, please email me. ;)
  • stylesstyles Posts: 22
    edited November 2002
    Originally posted by [email protected]
    I have a set of rt2000i, a cs400i center and a psw350. I'm looking for rear channel speakers, something like fx500i but I see they are discontinued. Should I just go for the new models or try to find the older fx500i?

My amp has also just went so I'm looking for a new surround (things have change in 10 years).

I'm looking for some surrounds myself. Hoping to get them sometime this week or next. I was debating between a FXi50 and a LSiFX. Good luck to ya.. :)
    Harmon / Kardon AVR 510

Fronts: RT2000I
    Center: CSi40
    Surrounds: FXi50 *waiting in box
    Sub: PSW650

JVC DVD Player
    Monster Cables
  • danger boydanger boy Posts: 15,888
    edited November 2002
    seen a couple of fx/500's on ebay recently.. they are white. rarely seen any black ones for sale.. hmmmm?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • botanybotany Posts: 68
    edited November 2002
    Take a look on Ebay for those fx/500 there is a set going for $250.00
  • edited November 2002
    Thks, I'll take a look. Now that I've looked at some of the 7.1 issues and the dolby docs I'm reconsidering size and speaker placements. Because of my 1 year old I can't use stands so it means floor standing or wall mounts.