Ben62670 Silver Interconnects Rock!

Options
schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,328
edited September 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I’d like to reinforce the opinion that many Forum members who have been fortunate to buy cables from Ben62670 that these cables ROCK! I’ve purchased three pair of Silver interconnects from Ben, one half meter pair and two one meter pair. Ben’s cables replaced some very respectable Audioquest Panther and Jaguar cables. These are the DBS cables which I have been very pleased with as others on this Forum and in the audiophile community.

I have one of these interconnects between my Modwright SACD player and the Parasound pre, one from the Parasound pre to the Halo amp, and another from one Halo amp (loop out) to another Halo amp. After about 60 hours of burn in, I’ve noticed tighter bass and a more fluid sounding mid range and HF. I didn’t notice any “brightness” or “analytical” sound that silver cables have been said to have. I have a better holographic, deeper image and can identify musician locations in the soundstage.

The interconnects are well built and have Nutrik RCA connectors. The braiding is top notch and Ben’s prices and customer service is second to none. He built and shipped my cables in very short order. Pictures of my interconnects can be found Here

Kudos to Ben! Now, I’m considering some speaker cables soon!
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I'll use this thread to add my comments as well; I'm also very pleased with what Ben's silver ICs have done for my system: I've noticed improvements at both the high and low ends of the frequency spectrum, and I think I finally have some clue as to WTF equipment reviewers mean when they refer to the "air" around individual instrumentalists in a recording--instruments now seem to exist in their own space in the soundstage.

I also brought them over to a friend's to put them between his tube CD player and his 6WPC Decware SET amp that drives single-driver full range speakers, and he was quite impressed with Ben's ICs as well. He had a different brand of silver ICs that he had to take out of his rig as they made the sound brittle and fatiguing. He put in a set of Monster ICs, that even though they compromised the clarity and imaging, at least imparted some warmth to his sound. Once we added Ben's silver IC's, he was very impressed with how the clarity came back, without adding the harshness his other set had.

I don't have large amounts of $$ in my system, but I can't say enough about the bang-for-buck value that Ben offers in his ICs.

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I'll 4th Ben's cables. :D

I'll be trying out a pair of his speaker cables soon, can't wait.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Damn guys Ben's cable rock must get some myself.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Thanks Guys. I really appreciate the post. Its really nice that you have included what you are comparing them to. Joe if interested shoot me a PM. If anyone else is interested PM me. Polkie's get a discount that I don't want seen on the net.

Thanks
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited January 2008
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Only 5 more to go.

I was wondering why this thread was wacked again.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited September 2008
    Options
    These are the worst thing I hve ever heard. I will burn them so no one else has to deal with them, horrible build, jus terrible all the way around. Oh and.....um wait, Oh yeah, I don't even own any, disregard

Later dude
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    edited September 2008
    Options
    These are the worst thing I hve ever heard. I will burn them so no one else has to deal with them, horrible build, jus terrible all the way around. Oh and.....um wait, Oh yeah, I don't even own any, disregard

Later dude

You gotta be related to CL :D

open mouth spew crap......................
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2008
    Options

Later dude

did I miss something? WTH:confused:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I believe that was a poor attempt at sarcasm.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Dude was just messing with me;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ben - Please tell me your secret on how you made those interconnects out of plastic coat hangers ? How much break in time did the cables need ? Did you use a drain wire ? I hear that the cable has total transparency, its as if you are hearing nothing at all !!! :D

I too am making my own interconnects, I have the wire but have been waiting a couple of weeks for the RCAs. Hopefully they should be here soon. I am going to see if they make a difference going against the Monster M1000i. Although the speaker wire I would be hard pressed to replace. Anyone have any thoughts of the M2.4s ? I went from the Powerline 2+ to the M1.2s to finally settling on the M2.4s when I did my massive speaker upgrade a couple of years ago. I have noticed an improvement in the sound with each wire when I went upgraded.

Thanks all !!!
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What kind of wire are you using?
    Thanks
    Ben