Soda Club

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I got one of these for X-Mas....

Soda Club

I don't drink soda but enjoy carbonation for some strange reason. I've been drinking Schwepps club soda for a long time and this thing makes it just as good if not better. It uses liter sized bottles and the carbonation lasts a long time, as opposed to the regular store bought bottles.

Anyways, thought it was neat and have been carbonating like crazy. I'm wondering if Jim Beam would carbonate?......hmmmmm
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    never seen one of those...I bet it makes the flat 2 liter bottles like new again , eh?!

I wonder if it can make a carbonated Martini ?
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Cool. Can you do any sort of flavor infusions? Like a touch of lime like we would get at the bar?

Hell yeah Beam will carbonate, I just hate to think of what the burp afterwards will be like.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2007
    I'd imagine you can carbonate anything but I'm no chemist. I thought about OJ to make something like Orangina.

I had one "explosion" so far when I added the flavor before carbonation and that doesn't work very well. Always add it afterwards....well, that's what the directions said after I read them.

Russ - Yea, I've been doing lemon, lime and lemon/lime sodas for the last couple days. It comes with a bunch of flavors but they use Splenda and I can't stand that stuff.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Put a couple drops of blood in and try that. Just for color.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    homemade rootbeer/cream soda...experiments !!

creamBeer !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2007
    creamBeer? Doesn't that happen when you grab a six pack and....
    nevermind
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited December 2007
    That's actually pretty cool.

We drink WAAAAAAAAY too much soda around here but, ..... what the heck.
    Have to do something wrong or else people will expect you to walk on water.

Costs aren't bad, and I was thinking that with some home tweaking, a person could replace the ALCO2JET carbonator with some commercial A-size C02 tanks; one of those size tanks should last 10 years !

They do have a flavor called "Pete's Choice" that's supposed to be a Dr. Pepper-type flavor. Mmmmm......

Dr. Pepper and Jim Beam ...... mmmmmm ........ better yet, Dr. Pepper and Old Forrester ........ :)
    Sal Palooza
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    Mark, I have a hard time seeing you drinking straight soda.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I got one of these for X-Mas....

Soda Club

I don't drink soda but enjoy carbonation for some strange reason. I've been drinking Schwepps club soda for a long time and this thing makes it just as good if not better. It uses liter sized bottles and the carbonation lasts a long time, as opposed to the regular store bought bottles.

Anyways, thought it was neat and have been carbonating like crazy. I'm wondering if Jim Beam would carbonate?......hmmmmm

I've been trying to find "club" soda forever. I only seem to be able to get the seltzer. I prefer club soda because it has bicarbinate of soda in it and is good for and old man's bad stomach.

I wonder if the beer distributors sell it.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Mark, I have a hard time seeing you drinking straight soda.

He chases his Bourbon with it.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    He chases his Bourbon with it.

You mean he chases his soda with Bourbon?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    No, he chases his Bourbon with soda, then chases his wife around the basement with a ball gag.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2007
    When did that become a crime?
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    No, he chases his Bourbon with soda, then chases his wife around the basement with a ball gag.

I thought Mark chased teenage runaways around the basement...now you have me all confused. :confused: