Maybe this should be in the video forum...but....

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
The oldest daughter is staying with us through New Years on a break from college and was looking for something in the basement and came across my Nintendo, Super Nintendo and and Nintendo 64 consoles and games. She hauled them upstairs and hooked up the SNES. When I got home we started playing Super Mario Cart, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Kirby's Dream Course...and played up until 3:00 AM. My hand and fingers are still sore.

Old school, old technology...good times!
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    F-Zero was an awesome game!

Oh and while your fingers might hurt, at least it's not "Tekken Thumb"! I had some pretty good callouses from "Tekken Thumb" for a while there.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Aint nothing wrong with whipping out the old school games....I still throw in The Legend of Zelda on SNES and try to beat the game faster then the previous time.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    I still like the the old school stuff...a lot. I would rather go back and play some of the old games than spend a small fortune on the latest/greatest gaming systems. I know that some of the batteries in the game cartridges are going to start going bad and there will be no more save features...but hey...still fun.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    Look around online. I have seen websites detailing how to replace those batteries successfully.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    maybe not old skool, but this week.. i'm selling both my PS2 and Gamecube.. in hopes to get a Wii or an HD DVD playa ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    I miss Super Mario Bros.. I played that game SOOOOO MUCH!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    nothin wrong with the old school. i still have an old Atari and the NES around my house somewhere. I used to love the intellivision and commodore 64 though

John, oh yeah man, I know the Tekken Thumb ALL too well!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2007
    My father in law and I broke out an original Atari 2600 and played missle command, pitfall and asteroids. He had his sister move in for awhile while she was getting some treatment and we cleaned out the guest room closet and found it. The thing still works and looks like new. That was nostalgic man!!!! Super Nintendo had some of the funnest games ever!
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited December 2007
    007 373 5963

and yes i could beat him when i was a whipper snapper
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Datastorm wrote: »
    Yes I know exactly how you feel. I still have all my old rpg's for the snes. If you ever find a copy of FF II, I highly recommend you play it. I still believe it was the best rpg's I ever played. It had a beautiful story and musical score.....

FFVII for the original Playstation had the best story, and FFX had the best music (not a great story / gameplay though).

I just dove into FFIII for the DS the other day. I'm totally not a gamer, but LOVE the Final Fantasy series. Strange.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited December 2007
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start... another NES cheat encoded into my brain for eternity
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Bamadude wrote: »
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start... another NES cheat encoded into my brain for eternity

You can even buy the tee shirt.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited December 2007
    We picked up a "Donkey Kong Country" cartridge at the Goodwill store a month back, and had to buy a SNES/NES clone off of Ebay (for $25.99) just so we could play it again.

The play-ability factor on DKC pegs the fun meter high !

That cartridge cost us $3; we like going to the Goodwill store and looking through their electronics.

:)
    Sal Palooza