Sharp Aquos LCD & Harmony 550 ISSUES!!!

Samantha31
Samantha31 Posts: 30
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hi all

I have a Sharp Aquos 46D64U and a Harmony 550 remote, and I am not sure which one is giving me a headache!

I have set up everything online as instructed but I am having troubles getting the remote to switch my TV to TV Input from Input 5 (DVD) when I press Watch TV. Although, when I am currently watching TV, and press Watch DVD the remote has no problems switching from TV Input to Input 5.

The Sharp has the inputs as labeled below...

TV
Input 1 - Disabled
Input 2 - Disabled
Input 3 - Disabled
Input 4
Input 5
Input 6
Input 7

Anyone have similar problems or know of a fix? I have tried the help function which does evententually fix the problem, but then I have to go through the same headaches everytime I go back to Watch TV from Watch DVD.

I have not tried the Harmony support line yet, thought I would give you guys a chance first.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Sammi

Sharp Aquos 1080P 46D64U LCD :D
Yamaha HTR 6030 AVR
Toshiba HD-DVD A30
Sharp - Blu-Ray
Polk RM6750 5.1 HTS
HD-PVR Satellite Receiver
Post edited by Samantha31 on

Comments

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    The problem is that your Sharp will not respond to commands for several seconds after it is turned on, that's why it works fine if the TV is already on. You will have the same problem no matter which remote you use.

Simple solution is to have the "Input" key programmed on the first page of the remote, and switch in manually. Two button presses instead of one, no big deal really.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    I had a similar problem with my Hitachi TV; when switching from Video 1 to Off air antenna the TV would not switch. My Harmony 560 has the option to delay commands; with this I was able to make it work. Look in the setup of your remote, probably also has it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Samantha31
    Samantha31 Posts: 30
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for the replies guys...I will check the remote for delays, if that doesn't work I will try the manual input thingy :-)

Sammi

Sharp Aquos 1080P 46D64U LCD :D
    Yamaha HTR 6030 AVR
    Toshiba HD-DVD A30
    Sharp - Blu-Ray
    Polk RM6750 5.1 HTS
    HD-PVR Satellite Receiver