some people can really hold their alcohol i guess

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Woman charged with driving 7 times over DUI limit :eek:

OREGON CITY, Ore. -- When they got Meagan Harper to the hospital, her blood alcohol level was .55 percent -- about seven times greater than Oregon's legal limit for driving.

"You just don't see numbers that high," said Dr. Mohamud Daya, an Oregon Health & Science University associate professor and emergency room physician.

At that level, some people are so drunk they stop breathing, he said.

Harper has drunken driving convictions in Washington and Multnomah counties and was convicted in Wasco County of operating a boat while intoxicated, said Ryan Chiotti, deputy district attorney in Clackamas County.

He said she is on probation for driving under the influence and is awaiting trial on another drunken driving charge next month.

A Clackamas deputy found her passed out in a car at a pizza restaurant on Nov. 28.

She appeared in court Wednesday. Chiotti urged she be jailed, under high bail, as "an extraordinary danger to the community."

Judge Patrick Gilroy set her bail at $50,000 and told her to get help, "or you'll end up dead or taking someone with you."
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Sounds like she had one too many.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Point FIVE FIVE? Holy crap. Point six is usually the watermark for "dead." Try a little harder next time, doll.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2007
    She can hold her liquor better than the bottle.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    I bet her passing out in public THAT intoxicated has won her the coming to ( Not waking up...there is a difference ) without any panties on and feeling a little unfresh award many times :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    Drunk Drivers should have their license pulled for life. There is no excuse for that BS.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    .4 USED to be the point that doctors believd death occured. The fact that these idiots can continue to drive after 4,5,6 etc. DUI's is friggin' mind boggling!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    She is lucky to be alive.
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited December 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    She is lucky to be alive.

She is but we are not.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    Well anyways, I hope she gets the help she needs and embraces it.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Drunk Drivers should have their license pulled for life. There is no excuse for that BS.

Or just shoot them on the spot.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    I wonder if she's pretty because that's the perfect time to swoop in and say hello.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    .55 is nothing. That's a slow night around here. I'm not even removing clothing or defecating in the lawn by that point.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    I bet her passing out in public THAT intoxicated has won her the coming to ( Not waking up...there is a difference ) without any panties on and feeling a little unfresh award many times :D
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I wonder if she's pretty because that's the perfect time to swoop in and say hello.

Ha...you get seconds ;)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    I was doing some research thinking I blew a 1.6 once, and found this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content
    You will find in there a scary law... the leagal blood alcohol level for a US pilot!

Edit
    Dibs on thirds:eek:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,444
    edited December 2007
    Ben, I'm sure you meant .16. At 1.6, you wouldn't be with us anymore.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ben62670
    edited December 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ben, I'm sure you meant .16. At 1.6, you wouldn't be with us anymore.

I'm sure it was .16
    That was many many moons ago. 1989
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Thats a long hangover:eek:

Congrats on staying clean:)

Ben
    Thanks
    Ben