Center Monitor Speaker

gprabu
gprabu Posts: 106
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
Iam having Monitor 10A speakers as front and Monitor 6 as surround. I want to know is there any monitor series center speaker. I love Monitor 10A than the new polk speakers, so want to replace my center CS245i with monitor series center speaker, if exists. Please tell me.

I wonder whats is the value for monitor 10A speakers.
Thanks for the reply
Post edited by gprabu on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Hello,
    Thanks for your contribution to the Forum. If I understand you correctly, you want to know if there was a center channel speaker produced when the Monitor 10A was current, correct? Well, the Monitor 10A was produced from 1979 until 1983, the first center channel was released in 1991 (the CS100). The Monitor 10A was produced before center channel speakers really became a consideration. What is it about the CS245i that you don't like?
    It is difficult to assign an absolute value to any speaker, however, the Monitor 10A should have a used market value of between $210.00 and $280.00 a pair. But keep in mind this is a very general guideline, the condition of the speaker and market area could make a difference.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • gprabu
    gprabu Posts: 106
    edited September 2001
    Hi Ken,
    Thanks for the reply. Thats exactly my question is.

CS 245i sounds really good. But when i compared my Monitor 10A with the current RT600, I saw the same with polk monitor 6 sounds better than pioneer elite S700. So i thought if it is possible to get the old Monitor for Center Speaker also, i can try it out.

Is it true that old Polk Monitor series has better sound?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Purely subjective, highly opinionated....

Some may say so, I would disagree, not better or worse really, but different qualities....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    a friend of mine has a pair of Monitor 7 (B, I think) and swears by them, I think they sound good but think the RT7's that I have are a clearer midrange......again, purely subjective.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    All for one, and one for all????

You've been promoted my good man!!!

Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    I was begining to lose hope!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut