Problem with Profile crossover

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited November 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey all,

I have a brand new Profile California QX8 crossover that I'm trying to install into my '94 plymouth Voyager minivan along with a Jensen XA275 amp and 2 10" Advent subwoofers. Here is my problem with the crossover... I cannot get sound to come out of the one channel. I have all the gains turned all the way up, all the wires are checked, everything is tight and seems to be good. I've tried using the line level inputs (which I tapped off of the rear speaker lines going to the Blaupunkt 6x9s in the tailgate) and the preamp input, and neither worked. I hooked up my CD player straight to my amp via the preamp in on the amp, and both work fine. My brother loaned me his older (to the tune of a few years) California crossover and it works fine with the line level input or the preamp in.

The only difference between the two crossovers (other than age) that I can see is the fact that his has a plastic vs my metal cover, and mine has a rmt lead and his does not. Is my crossover just fried? Should I send it back to Crutchfield? Thanks,

nadams
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2002
    Update:

Sent in my crossover for an exchange and the new one does the exact same thing.... but I misreported what it's doing in the first post. If I have one side (right, for example) turned up, it'll hit fine 'til I turn the other side up. Then they'll both hit, but the power will be greatly reduced. At first I thought that my amp wasn't powerful enough, but then remembered that it working okay w/ my brother's crossover before. So I hooked his up and it's doing the EXACT same thing. I can't get these subs to hit hard with both channels on the crossover turned up. Since we're using speaker level inputs, my brother thought that maybe the crossover wasn't stepping the signal down enough and the amp didn't like the signal coming into it, but I just don't know. We've also tried the preamp in on both the crossovers and it does the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions? We're baffled, because, as I said... it worked before with his amp, but it won't work now. THanks,

DooD
    Ludicrous gibs!