Not Just A Merry Christmas!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Merry Christmas everyone!

Today is not just the celebration of Jesus' birthday to my little family here. It is the 365th day we've been living in our new home. That's right one year on Christmas Day . . . pretty cool huh?

I looked back over the year and although there were bumps in the road just as everyone has I can honestly say that I love my wife and my two boys more today than I have ever loved them.

Just that alone is the best Christmas gift I could ever get!

Oh BTW everyone have a safe and blessed New Year.

Joe
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    Congrats on the 10th Merry Christmas thread! Hey, one year in the house... Don't you have some repairs or painting you should be doing right now?!? :)
  • acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited December 2007
    my Xmas felt a lil more special this year than previous, been living in the new house with the g/f for the last 6 months and I was so more thankfull that I was blessed with a home and the girl I plan marrying after 7 years ( everything just seems right now)
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited December 2007
    Congats hearingimpared! Christmas is a very special time and I'm glad you you could spend it with your loved ones.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Merry Chritmas/anniversary Joe. I'm gonna check you out some time for sure.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited December 2007
    Boy, that year went fast didn't it? You certainly are blessed with such a great family. Keep up the good work...because you have many, many glorious years ahead of you with your family. God knows what he's doing.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Since family is what makes the house really a home...you have been blessed.

Houses on the other hand, man my first year in my brand new house was eventful to say the least...I had the builders fix every screwup from crooked kitchen cabinets...to crooked walls....to a concrete slab floor that went downhill from the living room into the dining room...I kid you not.

In the process of repairing the hosed kitchen cabinets ( I paid for every upgrade known to man on this place...Oak everything ) They dragged my brand new refridgerator across my brand new Oak kitchen floor and put a 1/4" deep gouge from one end of the kitchen to the other....when done with the cabinets they REPLACED..not fixed the floor...It was a hell first year.

After like 3 months everything was fixed/replaced looking killer....I finally am able to relax...then a few months later coming out of the shower..I hear a BOOM and water flowing :eek: One of the Reverse Osmosis filter housings under the sink cracks in half...flooding the kitchen...I have to run out in the frontyard in my birthday suit and turn off the main valve ( Couldnt see or feel where the valve was under the sink with the firehose spray from under there ) . Come to find out it was a faulty water pressure regulator that wasnt regulating into the house...all the other pipes are copper no problem..the weak link was the plastic filter housing.

All this in the first year.....since then ( 14 years ) nothing more :) It was family that kept me composed and from killing anybody...and like you said that love just gets stronger every year.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    Congrats broham...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Joe,,we have family over for the holidays,and we have given up our bedroom temporarily,so I'm upstairs in the bedrom and I hear movement downstairs,, the smell of perked coffee,eggs cooking, bacon, grits and homemade biscuits just made me feel warm and fuzzy. I think about our audio gear,our homes and friends (club polk community)and a feeling of contentment comes over me. We are all very fortunate in many ways.
    A mans home is his castle,,,warmest regards to you,your family and all here at Club Polk.We are all truely blessed---now---Rock On.

and,, stay warm
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    Wow the tenth Christmas thread . . . Things are looking up!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Today is not just the celebration of Jesus' birthday to my little family here. It is the 365th day we've been living in our new home. That's right one year on Christmas Day . . . pretty cool huh?

I looked back over the year and although there were bumps in the road just as everyone has I can honestly say that I love my wife and my two boys more today than I have ever loved them.

Just that alone is the best Christmas gift I could ever get!

Oh BTW everyone have a safe and blessed New Year.

Joe

Well said.
    Merry Christmas

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Joe.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Joe. After everything was said and done, both my wife and son came to me and said thanks for a great Christmas Dad. That is Christmas for me.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Joe. May you & your family have many more.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    Thanks everyone!

Mike that is an awesome feeling isn't it?!!!