My garage door

dholmes
dholmes Posts: 1,136
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
My two cat chewed the wire that hooks up to those light beams that when you break the light it stops the door from coming down & now its shorted those 2 light sensors,is there a way to rig it to work without the sensors.The door works but you have to hold the button down to close the door & it wont close the the remote in the car,thanks & merry x-mass
My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
Post edited by dholmes on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    If you have enough slack in the wire, wire nuts, butt connectors, or electrical tape, you should be able to just reconnect the wires to complete the circuit.
    You should be able to pick up an electrical kit (wire strippers & assorted connectors) in the 'Dollar' aisle of the supermarket.
    Good luck
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • dholmes
    edited December 2007
    thanks but the sensors are blown they dont light up no matter how i wire them.
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2007
    Are you sure they didn't also knock them out of alignment? Usually the light won't come on unless they are lined up.

I realize this may seem basic, but you never know what might get overlooked.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Sorry, I misunderstood the situation. I just assumed it was a simple 'safety' circuit (open/ close). Have you jumped out the wires? If that doesnt work, then it's
    probably best to order replacement sensors from the manufacturer/ distrbutor.
    Good luck
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • dholmes
    edited December 2007
    Thanks I hate all this safety things these days the door will stop if anything touches it you would think that would be enough.I tried to find replacement sensors but all I could find was the entire package the motor & everything.