Dang man, double edged swords suck!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I had a blow out the other day on the audio rig.

I have a Rotel RSP-960AX surround sound pre-amp. I got a screamin' deal on it but it is a fairly expensive piece to replace used and it is unavailable new.

Well, I have this unit doing entertainment center duty and everything from the Denon DVD player I just picked up from AndyGwis to the video game systems is plugged into this thing. I even have an auxiliary switch with insanely long pair of interconnects running to my computer for the MP3 capabilities and such.

So it's kinda important in my grand scheme of things audio here.

Well the other day I clicked over to the receiver input on my TV to find a blank screen and an awful crackling sound from what seems like a bad ground. My heart sunk, I thought my beloved Rotel with the motorized volume knob was no more! I started checking connections and reseting things and nothing change it. I was quite depressed about it so I shut everything down and went to the shop to play with race cars.

This morning I had a revelation and said "Hey, why don't I check another input on another TV?" So I whipped out my portable RCA color TV (5.5"s of full color fury, bishes! AWWWW YEAH!) and jammed the output video cable into the monitor input on the TV and VIOLA! It worked! I was happier than a pig in slop that my Rotel was not the culprit! Then I realized, AWWW CRAP! My Sony Wega that has been soldiering on for 7-8 years for me here has just blown it's auxiliary inputs! Again, I get that sick-to-your-stomach feeling.

Stupid electronics! :mad: Why's this gotta happen just before Christmas?:(

Maybe it's an excuse to get a new 42" Bravia? :eek: :D :cool:
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Looks like you're going to need to shell out for a new 1080P with 20,000 to 1 contrast ratio. :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    if your Sony has another input.. try that one. it may work again. good luck though. i hate electronics that die for no reason like that.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    don't chinz on the TV dude, goes as balls out as you can.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    don't chinz on the TV dude, goes as balls out as you can.

X2....Go BIG or go home.....Find the TV you think is just big enough...and go one size larger. I was going to go to the 50" Plasma from the 42"...then watched a game at a friends house on his new Panny 58"....walked out of frys with one the next day. Worth the cost of admission....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2007
    It all depends on seating distance. Watch a 61" from 6 feet away long enough and youll get migraines.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D