Open any gifts early? let's see them...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Bev hooked me up with a Remington 870, 12ga; I got her chrome bars for her Dodge RAM, some DVD's and a few CD's:
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    wusthofcabelas.jpg

Wüsthof Classic 16 piece culinary set & Füri sharpening set.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    I love a good set of knives for the kitchen. I bought a set similar to the ones above for my best friend and his wife a couple of Christmas's ago and they love them. I've have a big set of Henckels for about 6 years and they are great as well.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Bev hooked me up with a Remington 870, 12ga; I got her chrome bars for her Dodge RAM, some DVD's and a few CD's:

Might wanna pull that pic before being told to do so....even worse then skin polk frowns on guns 10 fold...Mark was cool about it and told me why he pulled the pics. I have had about 3 different incarnations of the 870 myself...you can trick them out a hundred different ways....cool toy :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    I got all my knives and forks taken away....I'm only allowed plastic spoons now :(

Only Christmas gift I got early was a book I've been waiting forever to read. Almost through it and it is absolutely incredible. It's called Merchant of Death and is about Viktor Bout and worldwide arms sales and how he sells weapons to both sides of the war in Africa and other countries. What an operation he had going throught he 90's.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Might wanna pull that pic before being told to do so....even worse then skin polk frowns on guns 10 fold...Mark was cool about it and told me why he pulled the pics. I have had about 3 different incarnations of the 870 myself...you can trick them out a hundred different ways....cool toy :)

I'm aware, they can pull away if they see fit. This 870 will be getting a 20" rem-choke barrel, just to make it a little more versatile. Other than that, a good sling and that's it. I'm not much into shotguns, but wanted at least 1 for the collection.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I'm aware, they can pull away if they see fit. This 870 will be getting a 20" rem-choke barrel, just to make it a little more versatile. Other than that, a good sling and that's it. I'm not much into shotguns, but wanted at least 1 for the collection.

Thats cool...it was just a FYI :)

Best Christmas EVER was when at 8 years old my dad bought me my first .22...I dont think I have ever had another material item that even came close ( And I like my higher dollar toys ) to the feeling of Christmas morning opening that box and seeing that .22 ...not my first truck...my first house...nothing beat that....dad was ( And still is ) a super hero to me for fighting mom and getting it for me anyways.

It still has its place in the gun safe next to tactical rifles that cost 40x what that .22 did...and I would give one of them away before that .22 ever went anywhere :)
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Thats cool...it was just a FYI :)

Best Christmas EVER was when at 8 years old my dad bought me my first .22...I dont think I have ever had another material item that even came close ( And I like my higher dollar toys ) to the feeling of Christmas morning opening that box and seeing that .22 ...not my first truck...my first house...nothing beat that....dad was ( And still is ) a super hero to me for fighting mom and getting it for me anyways.

It still has its place in the gun safe next to tactical rifles that cost 40x what that .22 did...and I would give one of them away before that .22 ever went anywhere :)

Your dad gave you a .22 at 8 years old? Is your family currently adopting? Seriously.....
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited December 2007
    Guns and Knives and Skin....Ohhh my......Guns and Knives and Skin Ohhh my!

Merry Christmas and a Nice Remi to keep things safe at the homestead!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Your dad gave you a .22 at 8 years old? Is your family currently adopting? Seriously.....

My daughter at 11 embarrassed 4 guys from my work on one of the guys properties close to town with both a .45 and a 2 3/4 inch .357 ...all my regular friends are awesome shooters, but these clowns from work could barely keep the shots in black. When my daughter actually grouped her shots in the black I was one proud papa :)

( Of course I already knew she could do this...she had a little practice beforehand ;) )

For myself for Christmas I just grabbed 2 of these D1200's

74580.jpg
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Cool!