Put the Map Away, Terrorist

bobman1235
bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Chicago Police ask people to report anyone looking at maps or taking notes around town.

Wow.
If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
Post edited by bobman1235 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    All I can think of is aluminum foil hats:(
    I think if a terrorist is planning on blowing something up he has already figured out where it is!!!
    Americans are getting dumber by the second.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I think if a terrorist is planning on blowing something up he has already figured out where it is!!!

The better terrorists have GPS.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Nice . . . spread that fear . . . Chitown none-the-less . . . no mobsters there!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2007
    Nice . . . spread that fear . . . Chitown none-the-less . . . no mobsters there!

Hey now,we mobsters have moved to the burbs baby!!:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited December 2007

I was thinking Armadillo helmets.....Yes, the country is becoming dumber by the second.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Chicago has a beautiful architecture and the streets over by the Chicago Hilton and the Magnificent Mile had basically a cop on every corner. We loved walking everywhere with our maps and multiple cameras taking shots of buildings, bridges, and tourist locations. That was back in 2004-2005?

I guess an oriental with a camera is okay? :rolleyes:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007

I guess an oriental with a camera is okay? :rolleyes:

Near you too? Jeebus, around here they take THOUSANDS of pictures when they visit Boston. Why do they do that?
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Hey now,we mobsters have moved to the burbs baby!!:)

You are still in charge of making sure the neighborhoods are safe from terrorists!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    I was thinking Armadillo helmets.....Yes, the country is becoming dumber by the second.

Not true, the minority is pushing the fear.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Near you too? Jeebus, around here they take THOUSANDS of pictures when they visit Boston. Why do they do that?

I am one of "them". :D

Wheverever I go with a camera, security/police/people stare. I was at the bottom of the Washington Monument taking a picture of the White House with a 70-200 with my Canon Digital Rebel (1.6*200=320mm) and I can plainly see somebody on the roof with binoculars looking right at me. :eek:

Why do we drag a camera and take thousands of pictures whenever we're on vacation? No idea. Probably a cultural mandate like chopsticks.
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Not true, the minority is pushing the fear.

I don't agree with ya on this one Joe. A good piece of the majority is listening:(
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    I worked with a guy from Turkey a few years ago. Some of his friends were coming over stateside,
    and he was going to take them out to see a few things around Texas. I had to explain to him
    that a bunch of guys speaking some odd language driving around rural Texas and taking
    pictures might not be a real good idea.
    I kept thinking of some redneck saying "not from around these parts, are ya boys?"
    I'm not sure he quite got it. He really loved being here, and didn't
    see himself as anything but a good citizen. Which he was. Sad that it's
    come to this.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    I don't agree with ya on this one Joe. A good piece of the majority is listening:(

BS Brother, the majority is just not speaking up.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    I was at the bottom of the Washington Monument taking a picture of the White House with a 70-200 with my Canon Digital Rebel (1.6*200=320mm) and I can plainly see somebody on the roof with binoculars looking right at me. :eek:
    ...and it has been documented. SS don't screw around up there. At all.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    News repeatedly broadcast same thing enough true or not people start listening. I agree that a lot of people won't listen to this kinda crap, but it is for sure dumbing some people down.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007

Not the ones that are protecting us :mad:

Well, that excludes the military, most are informed enough there...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    Google Earth on a laptop, with a wireless Sat card is all one needs to be mobile.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580