An angel at the post office...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Nice story, hope it's true:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tus/487665904.html

Exerpt from the article:

This is one of the kindest things I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it, but there is a kind soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service. Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God, Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away. Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by. Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I am wherever there is love.

Love, God
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Wow dude thats touching. I have a 4 YO daughter I am getting a dog for. She preys too;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Nice story, hope it's true:

Snopes says it's true. And you're right, nice story.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited December 2007
    touching story thanks for posting it :):):):)
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007
    That's awesome!!
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    There are still some good souls left... thanks for reminding me, Steve.

Tip O' the Hat
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    wow, very touching.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2007
    Boy, did I need that right about now. Nice work Esteban.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    Amen, jeeze, I'm actually misting up over here.

Thanks.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    It's great to know there are people who take the time to do things that really can mean alot to someone. Glad you all enjoyed it. I picked this gem up from the GlockTalk forum.

I had something similar to this happen to me, believe it or not. About 4 years ago we lost a very close friend in car accident. She died at the hospital in Tucson, while we were attending to her husband at the hospital here in Sierra Vista. She had to be helicopter'd out because her injuries were much worse. Anywho....

I was at work one day, really missing her (Dee Hernandez, we called her "Mama"), and I noticed she was still in the global address book at work--stupidly, I sent her an email (hey I was upset). It basically said that I loved and missed her. Someone replied to the email and said "she loves and misses you too."

At first I was a little embarrassed, but then it made me feel better. Nice people upstairs.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited December 2007
    I am almost in tears! What a wonderful story.

Thanks for warming my heart today!

Steve
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    WOW what a great story! Thanks for posting.
    No excuses!