Okay I have a Karma question

avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am looking to start a New Years Karma. What I am torn about is one thing. The Karma I want to offer is non-working. I know it works but it requires one part to get it going again. That part will cost around 15 dollars. The current going price for the unit I would be offering is around the 75 dollar range used on ebay.

So what I was wondering is, should I buy the part then offer the karma, or do I clearly state the condition of the unit, and have the winner buy the part for himself/herself? I just don't want to come across as a d**k buy saying you need to buy the part to get it working.

All comments welcome.
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    It's a karma; post it as is mentioning the missing part, and those not interested will not participate.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2007
    Agreed, if you want to offer asis do it, especially if the part is easy to obtain and replace. Somebody ends up with a $75 piece for $15 bucks. That's worth it in my book and if it's not worth it to you, don't enter. Simple. (or at least it should be)

Of course if you want to fix it first that's fine too...
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    Agreed with the posts above. Offer it any way you want to.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    Non-functioning equipment has been given away in Karmas before, go for it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007
    Well, in that case you have a misunderstanding of what Karma means... Just like everybody else in America...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    Well, in that case you have a misunderstanding of what Karma means... Just like everybody else in America...

I too was thinking of offering a non-working item as karma but am not understanding the above quote. My perception was that so long as you state everything as it really is the "karma" part was good. After all, a lot of people here appreciate stuff they can fix. Am I missing something?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Nope, free stuff is free stuff, especially for those that are handy with electronics. I am not, so I wouldn't put myself in the way of those that could actually repair the item and make use of it, but there's certainly nothing wrong with offering up something that people could tinker with (as long as it is stated up front I guess.)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    I too was thinking of offering a non-working item as karma but am not understanding the above quote. My perception was that so long as you state everything as it really is the "karma" part was good. After all, a lot of people here appreciate stuff they can fix. Am I missing something?
    madmax

Well, yeah it's just Karma is hinduism (from India, not muslims) and it's usually over a lifetime, because we believe that your good/bad total will carry over to your next life (no heaven) until you only do good...

So technically anything you do now wouldn't affect you through Karma...

But I have yet to figure out fully when I die...

PS. Mouths are better shut...(I should duct tape my hands and just browse)

SORRY...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I am looking to start a New Years Karma. What I am torn about is one thing. The Karma I want to offer is non-working. I know it works but it requires one part to get it going again. That part will cost around 15 dollars. The current going price for the unit I would be offering is around the 75 dollar range used on ebay.

So what I was wondering is, should I buy the part then offer the karma, or do I clearly state the condition of the unit, and have the winner buy the part for himself/herself? I just don't want to come across as a d**k buy saying you need to buy the part to get it working.

All comments welcome.

Ya see what all this BS that has been going on here is causing; people are now afraid to karma things lest they get attacked by the PC police who btw love to shout out callling people names and labeling them because of their paranoia. Talk about intolerance.

You have to keep putting the stupid emoticons up, can't respond to certain people, etc etc etc . . .

My Man make your karma how ever you want to . . . it's your karma. If anyone thinks or says you are a dick they should take a good look in the mirror.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2007
    word!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    Well, yeah it's just Karma is hinduism (from India, not muslims) and it's usually over a lifetime, because we believe that your good/bad total will carry over to your next life (no heaven) until you only do good...

So technically anything you do now wouldn't affect you through Karma...

But I have yet to figure out fully when I die...

PS. Mouths are better shut...(I should duct tape my hands and just browse)

SORRY...

I'm still lost. If Karma is totalled up in this life and carries over to the next then how is it anything done in this life won't affect karma. Seem to be opposing statements. Just trying to understand.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited December 2007
    Well said Hearing Impaired. If your worried about it just post a link where to get the part within the post.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I appreciate it. I know all the Doro karma drama made me a little skittish, but it was more on the grounds that the item is currently non-functional, and I did not want to appear that I was just trying to unload crap. (Although I do personally think it is a very nice karma item)

So all that aside, I will post the karma as soon as I get a break from work. Thanks again guys.

P.S.- when you see the karma you will understand that fixing it will be very easy. Sorry for being hush hush about it, but I am excited about posting it.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited December 2007
    Dont taze me bro...
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)