Do you think aliens exist?

2»

Comments

• Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited December 2007
    How cool is it that just in the past few hundred years we've figured out how tiny we really are. We went from, "hey everything revolves around us and we'll prosecute you if you say otherwise" to "we can't see the end of it all no matter how hard we try". Personally I think God is just showing off with all this stuff :)
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    Let me tell you a little something about our universe here. Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at nine hundred miles an hour, that's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned, a sun that is the source of all our power.

The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see are moving at a million miles a day. In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour, of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars. It's a hundred thousand light years side to side. It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick, but out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide. We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point. We go 'round every two hundred million years, and our galaxy is only one of millions of billions in this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding in all of the directions it can whizz. As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know, twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth, and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    Ponder this:
    If you believe that the universe is infinite, and you also believe that there is a minute chance that aliens exist (lets say 1%), then 1% of infinite is statistically guaranteed.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39079&page=1 :cool:
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited December 2007
    I love Python. Good one J.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)