Doro's Holiday Karma Thread???

nikolas812
nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I didn't even realise they shut down the thread untill I tryed to thank Mark by posting a thank you in the thread. What gives? I don't understand why somebody would want to shut down a holiday karma.:confused:

Well any way THANKS SO MUCH for the great holiday karma. It's really got me excited about vintage gear. I might even start looking around for some vintage speakers to pair with vintage sony. Untill then I've got a couple pairs of polks laying around I can use untill I find some vintage polks. Well anyway thanks again.
Post edited by nikolas812 on

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Congrats and enjoy!

What speakers will you be hooking them up to?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Well as I said in the shut down thread, it's good seeing a new guy win. . .

. . . and oh yeah,

What the hell is going on around here?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    What in theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hell is going on here?????:eek::confused:. An altruistic, generous karma thread is shut down because it offends someone. Now I am pissed :mad:. I have to rethink all that is human and try to figure out who the rat ****(s) is/are and why for the love of GOD Polk felt it nec to order Mark to cease and desist on giving audio gear away for free.

Merry X-mas to all and if that offends..................to 'effing bad, deal with it!!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nikolas812
    edited December 2007
    Congrats and enjoy!

What speakers will you be hooking them up to?

Either a pair of RT800's or a pair of RT600's
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    nikolas812 wrote: »
    Either a pair of RT800's or a pair of RT600's

Crank it for us. You just may be the last Christmas karma winner.

That makes you famous. :rolleyes:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    nikolas812 wrote: »
    I didn't even realise they shut down the thread untill I tryed to thank Mark by posting a thank you in the thread. What gives? I don't understand why somebody would want to shut down a holiday karma.:confused:

Well any way THANKS SO MUCH for the great holiday karma. It's really got me excited about vintage gear. I might even start looking around for some vintage speakers to pair with vintage sony. Untill then I've got a couple pairs of polks laying around I can use untill I find some vintage polks. Well anyway thanks again.

did you win the holiday karma? if so.. very cool and congrats!

wtg Mark for offering it up..... deep down inside you're a real softie :confused:;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    Uhm ..... I don't want to appear more stupider (nice grammar, huh ?) than usual, but I reread that thread and can't see anything that made it turn south.

Seriously, if somebody would post in general terms what went bad with that thread, I'd appreciate it.

Are kharma's not allowed anymore, or ....... ?

:confused:
    Sal Palooza
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    maybe it was shut down because the karma ended. what do you think?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    maybe it was shut down because the karma ended. what do you think?
    That's how it would appear. :D Everyone is a little too jumpy around here lately.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Nikolas

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Nik, Anyone who was offended by a karma needs to get the sand out of there **** and get a life.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Nikolas. Enjoy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    I shut it down, email me so I can get this damn thing out of my house. ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    Uhm ..... I don't want to appear more stupider (nice grammar, huh ?) than usual, but I reread that thread and can't see anything that made it turn south.

Seriously, if somebody would post in general terms what went bad with that thread, I'd appreciate it.

Are kharma's not allowed anymore, or ....... ?

:confused:

Here's Doro's post in said thread. Looks to me like someone complained either because they don't believe in Christmas or the use of the word Karma or maybe that it was Sticky, who knows. After what has been going on in TBT we are all a little on edge.
    Doro wrote:
    The STICKY Christmas Karma wasn't apreciated by a couple folks so it was removed from that status. I apologize that I've done this for a third year....I'm horrible.

There are a couple other members also giving away holiday Karma, so in the end it all works out. THAT's what it's all about and if my thread was the impetus, rock on, if not.....good will towards men, and I guess women(Only if they are into audio).

Good luck and I would wish you something but I may get censored, banned or my thread might be deleted. Fate, it's a ****.

I would suggest that all future gestures just be thrown in the trash.

I feel bad for you Club Polk but this years Karma was won by NIKOLAS812

Please email me your addy Nik....enjoy!!!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 215
    edited December 2007
    I feel my brand loyalty in speakers starting to waver....
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    As a past winner of Doro's Christmas Karma, I congratulate you and welcome you into the ranks of the elite few. Enjoy the gear and Merry Christmas!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2007
    woofiepaws wrote: »
    I feel my brand loyalty in speakers starting to waver....

Polk speakers performance/quality/value is not proportional to the amount of stupid people on this forum. They are still as good as always.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • nikolas812
    edited December 2007
    PM and email sent. Please confirm if you got them. THANKS
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2007
    Woo Hoo!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    There goes Doro effing things up again by giving nice gear away for free.

I think a 6 day banning is in order!

"Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!"
    No excuses!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2007
    I have been watching the fights from afar, but has this not gone to far now? I mean I was seriously going to start my own Karma this morning, but why should I even bother.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2007
    I'm thinking of keeping the Peerless tweeters and MW6500. I did it with the OPPO, so what the hell. You guys that won at least already know you are lucky.

SOPA
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2007
    Nice Karma Mark.

Merry Christmas to all!!
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Really?? What in the world could someone have against a Christmas Karma???

Fack them. This is getting to be a lot ridiculous....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2007
    It seems like whoever it was objected because it was a sticky so either:

A: They were forced to - horrors- look at the word Christmas every time they visited the clubhouse

or

B: They were jealous that doro had an unfair advantage to get more people to participate in his karma

wtf is going on here???
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    I am banking on the whole "Peace on Earth--Goodwill towards Men" thing. Certainly some upsetting statement there surrounding Christmas.

RT1--Jesus Christ is my Saviour.
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2007
    Jesus Christ is my Saviour.

And everyone else's. Some just don't know it.

SOPA
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2007
    All is well gang, don't sweat it. Nick is gonna get a great piece of gear :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I am banking on the whole "Peace on Earth--Goodwill towards Men" thing. Certainly some upsetting statement there surrounding Christmas.

RT1--Jesus Christ is my Saviour.

Amen big Brother . . . Amen.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Nick. Be careful when opening the box.:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D