Thank you Polk Audio for making awesome speakers!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Gettin' stuck at work helpin' people that are 1500+ miles away sucks. Especially when everyone else went to the Christmas party at the local watering hole and turned off their cellphones and pagers. I'm stuck here by myself dealing with this and waiting for responses to come across the messaging system and email.

If it wasn't for my Polk Audio speakers that came with an old SGI Workstation I had at one point, I'd be a much angrier person. The speakers have stayed with me and I snagged a powered Altec Lansing sub and they sit on my desk hooked up to my computer for just such an occasion. No one is here so no one can bother me about volume. So I got some classic Christmas music playing along. Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Earth Kitt, Ella Fitzgerald, Perry Como and even Diana Krall.

Yeah, computer speakers that actually image rule!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Good for you! Crank that f**ker up!
    If you want to hear SWEET speakers (beside Polk's)
    Check out Creative Labs. I bought a 5.1 set up for $80 five years ago, at Best buy, and the things are unbelievable sounding.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    I have FOUR sets of Polk speakers in the house and ONE set of Thiel's.

Thank you Polk Audio for making awesome speakers!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Thanks Polk for making speakers that LAST. My son's first stereo system, this Christmas, will be using Monitor 10's. He likes some of my vintage stuff so I'm pushing these with a Pioneer SX-950 and they sound sweet.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote: »
    Good for you! Crank that **** up!
    If you want to hear SWEET speakers (beside Polk's)
    Check out Creative Labs. I bought a 5.1 set up for $80 five years ago, at Best buy, and the things are unbelievable sounding.

I have the Creative Labs Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 system at home and while it is good, I was not impressed with it. The amp doesn't have enough guts to drive them effectively, even with a digital input.

I ended up taking that down and putting together an Onkyo pre-amp, NAD amp and a set of Polk Audio R15s and they sound absolutly amazing. Way better than the Cambridge Soundworks stuff. Even my itty bitty Polk Speakers on my desk out-perform the Cambridge Soundworks speakers.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2007
    Yawn....
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Gettin' stuck at work helpin' people that are 1500+ miles away sucks. Especially when everyone else went to the Christmas party at the local watering hole and turned off their cellphones and pagers. I'm stuck here by myself dealing with this and waiting for responses to come across the messaging system and email.

If it wasn't for my Polk Audio speakers that came with an old SGI Workstation I had at one point, I'd be a much angrier person. The speakers have stayed with me and I snagged a powered Altec Lansing sub and they sit on my desk hooked up to my computer for just such an occasion. No one is here so no one can bother me about volume. So I got some classic Christmas music playing along. Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Earth Kitt, Ella Fitzgerald, Perry Como and even Diana Krall.

Yeah, computer speakers that actually image rule!

Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Everybody took off for a vendor paid steak and lobster and wine/beer dinner and I got stuck manning the station but with no Polk speakers. :(