A little out of the ordinary here but...

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
...I just read this article from TIME about Putin. It was very intriguing and gives alot of insight to one of the minds and most influential bodies behind modern day Russia. A good read. It's interesting but a tad worrisome at the same time.

A Tsar is Born?
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    There has been some uproar that TIME would make him "person of the year". But TIME points out that they in no way endorse the people of the year they choose nor do they necessarily have to be good, saintly people. They are what TIME considers "person of the year" and many factors are taken into account. Obviously one can't be too extreme one way or the other, etc.

Aside from that a good read if for nothing more than to be a more well rounded informed individual.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited December 2007
    Putin is starting to become scary. He seems to be falling into old Soviet habbits, which isn't good for anyone, American or Russian.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2007
    What do you expect from an ex-KGB agent?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Pootin' is offensive to some people. This thread needs to be removed. Although I find flatus very amusing, some don't.

Please remove this thread NOW!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Pootin' is offensive to some people. This thread needs to be removed. Although I find flatus very amusing, some don't.

Please remove this thread NOW!

Dude, quit baggin' on my threads! I'm just trying to get away from all the hubbub, bub!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!