...and the Math award goes to...

PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
rskarvan wrote: »
Simple Math:

100 Pages of scantily clad women.
Estimated 10 women per page.
Equals est. 1000 women who are being viewed as sex objects.

Estimated 211,000 views of the TBT Thread.
Perhaps as many as 211 Million scantily clad photos were viewed by guys.

If .01% of the photos affect men by this thread, that is 21,000 affected thoughts of lust that are "not being encouraged".

If .01% of the 21,000 thoughts of lust are acted upon with violence to women, that would equate to TWO violent acts against a women.

Certainly, you good people can see that 0.01% of the men may be affected by these photos. And, it is possible that of those 0.01% of affected men, an additional 0.01% may act out upon those thoughts with violent consequences.

It is exactly for these reasons (simple math) that I complained about this thread.

You should write a book on how you can use your math to fight crime. I have petitioned Nobel to add a Mathematics category, however, a Fields Medal is probably in order.
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    I think scantily clad women need Union representation now.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

I thought they already did... It's called a Pimp?
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

Are you kidding? Could you imagine if women unionized? The world would be over as we know it.

On second thought, the pictures of all those women coming together in one big picture would be sweet while it lasted!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    no, the pimp is management :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    You should write a book

Based on his ****umptions it should be a fictional book. What a load of CRAP. I'm thinking a padded room would be appropriate based on his mathematics. Was this in his manifesto?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Who would actually spend the time counting the pictures in those threads rather than looking at them?
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    I wonder how many acts of violence would be carried out if two individuals enraged an entire forum of at least 500 active contributers and thousands of semi-active browsers?

I know I kicked a puppy! Not because we lost the thread but how and why....

Had Justin just said: "This is getting a little racy for us here at Polk, it was a good thread and now it needs to die" That would of been ok with me (esp since I agree with it)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    I agree 100 percent, if Polk canned the thread, I would have felt where they were coming from. its not like it didnt happen before. it's how it hapenned that tweaks me.
    whining and complainign about silly things make's us all look bad from a forum administration standpoint.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    Hey Lou, I just punched the mail lady, you do the same and Ron can no longer claim the moral high ground in this!

(For the rest of you, this only makes sense in Ron logic land)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    I hate to say it, but we are fueling the morons' fire by continuing to discuss their blatant stupidity. I hope we can all ignore them to death, ie never quote them, never respond to them, basically not even acknowledge their existence. Have you ever seen a 2 year old throw a tantrum and no one acknowledge him/her? Eventually they give up and walk away. That's what I hope happens here as well. The 2 year olds can waddle off to make trouble elsewhere.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Hey Lou, I just punched the mail lady, you do the same and Ron can no longer claim the moral high ground in this!

(For the rest of you, this only makes sense in Ron logic land)

yep, looks like my friendly neighborhood bank teller lady is getting a jab to the jaw. good job Ron...LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but we are fueling the morons' fire by continuing to discuss their blatant stupidity. I hope we can all ignore them to death, ie never quote them, never respond to them, basically not even acknowledge their existence. Have you ever seen a 2 year old throw a tantrum and no one acknowledge him/her? Eventually they give up and walk away. That's what I hope happens here as well. The 2 year olds can waddle off to make trouble elsewhere.

cant say you dont have a point bud, you do, and it's certainly valid
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    10,000% agree!!!

jdhdiggs wrote: »
    I wonder how many acts of violence would be carried out if two individuals enraged an entire forum of at least 500 active contributers and thousands of semi-active browsers?

I know I kicked a puppy! Not because we lost the thread but how and why....

Had Justin just said: "This is getting a little racy for us here at Polk, it was a good thread and now it needs to die" That would of been ok with me (esp since I agree with it)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    I just kicked my neighbors kid as he got off the school bus! :mad:
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited December 2007
    Was your neighbor's kid a girl? If not, it don't count. Well, I guess it would if you were looking at the beefcake thread.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    Yippers, the gun control zealots use this same kind of math ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I just made my dog stop licking his balls!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    I just kicked my UPS guy in the head.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I just kicked my UPS guy in the head.

Thank you!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    :D ROTFLMAO!!!!:D:D

Do we have a problem Mark?:D:D

Thank you!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Stop the violence!

search.jpg
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    Now THAT's funny...I don't care who ye are.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2007
    man, this is why i frequent other forums as well. too pc here. gmfullsize we can post pics of guns, videos of shooting them and they have a sub-category for 'work warning'-type threads. i only come here to say hello to my 'family'. not much fun to be had anymore. at least, not like when i first joined.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    man, this is why i frequent other forums as well. too pc here. gmfullsize we can post pics of guns, videos of shooting them and they have a sub-category for 'work warning'-type threads. i only come here to say hello to my 'family'. not much fun to be had anymore. at least, not like when i first joined.

You are definitely missed man.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 564
    edited December 2007
    Originally Posted by rskarvan
    Simple Math:

If .01% of the photos affect men by this thread, that is 21,000 affected thoughts of lust that are "not being encouraged".

If .01% of the 21,000 thoughts of lust are acted upon with violence to women, that would equate to TWO violent acts against a women.

Certainly, you good people can see that 0.01% of the men may be affected by these photos. And, it is possible that of those 0.01% of affected men, an additional 0.01% may act out upon those thoughts with violent consequences.

It is exactly for these reasons (simple math) that I complained about this thread.

Look for his guest starring role in "Numb3ers" when the writers strike is over....
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Originally Posted by rskarvan
    Simple Math:

His math is way off. I have downloaded every picture from the TBT. I have them on my little digital player. It is set to continuously play over and over again. When I do get too tired to keep my eyes open I use toothpicks to hold them open. I am feeling a testicular hormone rush coming on. I see no women in sight, but I do see some chickens. Some have asked "how do you screw a chicken?" I tell them "where do you think the egg comes from A$$hole"
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »

Why would you go to GMFS when you could go to FSC?:p
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it