Band Of Brothers

Options
avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited December 2002 in Music & Movies
Just picked this up yesterday. I really enjoyed watching it last year and was excited to see it come out on DVD.

Anyways it is a very good transfer picture and sound wise. It sounds very sweet in dts. Especially the second episode.

Also not a bad by for 80 dollars. Ten hours of the mini series and another 2 hours of behind the sceen footage and interviews with the real soldiers.
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited November 2002
    Options
    tend to pick one up myself, but I wait until the day after thanksgiving, early bird price will be $60...
  • palebluedot
    palebluedot Posts: 18
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Going to start watching this for the first time tonight...the price is a bit steeper tho...$89+tax at Best Buy...ugh.
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Hey Paleblue, sounds like you got screwed by your local Best Buys dealer, it is supposed to ring up 79.99. I just got done watching the whole thing this weekend. Took about 5 days to see it all, didn't get to see all of it when it was on Hbo.What I saw was awsome, Somthing like 2-5. Awsome in DTS, Some of the shells came right over your head, you were in it.....almost expected to loose a leg.......Highly recommended collection for those of you without the time to watch it the first go round , or those living under a rock.
    Peace StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2002
    Options
    actually, the price went up at bb to $89.99 + tax (regular price), last two weeks was special price at 79.99, amazing and worthy collection series, even at $90....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited November 2002
    Options
    got this at Besy Buy.Com for 79 plus got a 25 dollar coupon with it
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Billm57
    got this at Besy Buy.Com for 79 plus got a 25 dollar coupon with it

is this a rebate deal or just the instant BB coupon that will apply to future purchase in the store?
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Picked up a copy today, couldn't wait until next week, paid $74.99, I got to have it...cheers
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by PETERNG

is this a rebate deal or just the instant BB coupon that will apply to future purchase in the store?

good towrd future bb purchases..think the offer is over now though
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    Options
    thanx for the tips, I bought it now to guarantee the availibilty but will leave it un-wrap, if they offer a special deal next week(holiday), I will do the exchange or return to get the same deal.
  • palebluedot
    palebluedot Posts: 18
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Holy wow. Finally got through this disc set and it is amazing. Well worth the $90 price tag. Basically the comparison my friend gave me holds true...if you liked Saving Private Ryan, you will like this series...probably even more. There is so much more depth and meaning (I mean, really, who cares if someone saves Matt Damon).

This really has a big budget theatrical movie feel to it combind with the storytelling strength of a documentary. The special effects are on par with movies like Saving Private Ryan, We Were Soldiers, Windtalkers, etc...but you actually get to spend enough time with the characters to where you really get to know them, appreciate them, and miss them when they're gone.

Those of you who mentioned the DTS soundtrack and love DTS sound (Like me) are in for a real treat. The huge dynamic range DTS brings to DVD really shines through in this set. It really adds impact to the story.

One thing I reccommend is loading the last disc (special features) in before you start watching the story and just view the Cast section to familiarize yourself with who's who....they all tend to look a little alike on the battle field.
  • NDTA
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I can't wait to see it, still have the dang thing unpack, sit in the closet.
  • NDTA
    edited December 2002
    Options
    this is an outstanding production, I finished part 6 with 2 days and I love it. Picture is so clear, the transfer is teriffic, DTS track will rock your living room.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2002
    Options
    NDTA,

Glad you are enjoying it. I finally finished it last week. Episode 9 and 10 were very well acted. Not a lot of action, just some real good "tie-ins" to an amazing story.

I especially liked the closing interview with Captain Winters, when he was talking about his grandson asking him if he was a war hero.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png