Verizon Customer Service Sucks......

shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
:mad: I'll try to make this as short as possible. So I have Fios TV, internet and phone for $99.00 with DVR service for a total after taxes of $122.00. We had to get our jack reloctaed from upstairs to downstairs. Cost = $175.00. It's high but I don't know how the hell to do it......FINE, I schedule it. The wife takes off of work and the guy no shows after multiple calls from Verizon GUARANTEEING that he'll be there. I call and they offer a $100 credit. Fair enough. It's a pain in the ****, but it happens. I take off the next day and he is scheduled to come between 10 and 2. No show. I call again - there was a mix-up with the tech and they are crediting another $100. A third time we schedule he no shows again. They are going to have a supervisor call me. They do 3 days later and they say that they are going to honor the original $200 in credit and give a free month of service. The guy shows the next time and installs.

I get the bill last month and this month - over $350.00 in installation charges alone with no credits applied. I call and speak to the SUPERVISOR. They have charged me 79.99 for all four visits (3 of which he never showed)!!!!!!!!!!! But the kicker is that they can't credit my account at once because Verizon schedules the payments for these installs over 3 billing cycles. I ask why she cannot take off the charges for the installs that WERE NEVER F-ING PERFORMED!!!!!!! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW FOR THEM TO CHARGE ME FOR THESE VISITS THAT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED. SHe tells me that she cannot credit my account until MArch 15th!!!!!!!!!!! Something about that is the way the billing cycles work.

97 minutes on the phone and this is the answer I get. She tells me to pay the normal amount that we owe until March. On the March bill she is crediting for all the bogus charges and the inconveniences. I GUARANTEE THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. She was the highest ranking supervisor on duty so there was nobody else to speak with.

WHat do I do? Should I take it easy and wait until March or any other suggestions?

I have never been so mad in my life and I hate to get this way especially over the holidays. But I am seriously at a loss here - I wisjh I could have tape recorded the conversation......
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4
Post edited by shawn474 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    They have the ability to credit you at any time and waive charges at any time. You better tell them to wake up.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    I had a similar situation with AT&T. I talked with someone EVERY MONTH over a 7 month period. I bought a college kiddie condo for my daughters and had phone and DSL installed. They totally screwed everything up, kept charging me for stuff I didn't order, never refunded what they said they would, etc.. I would be told one thing one month by a CS rep, the next month another CS rep would tell me the one last month didn't know what they were telling me (or insinuate that I was lying). I kept a log each time of how long I was on the phone, who I talked to, what I was told. It was a total nightmare. I would have never done business with AT&T but the place needed a land line and they were the only source.

On top of that they bought my cell provider (Cingular) :mad: and now I have to deal with them as well for that service...just when Cingular was starting to provide good CS. :rolleyes:

It seems like all of the tel/comm companies are like this. I guess this is typical of a rapidly expanding industry. They don't have to give you good service because they are adding new customers at a much faster rate than they are losing them. Once it matures and the growth slows, they will have to start takeing care of their customers if they want to keep them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,687
    edited December 2007
    My experience with Verizon customer service (for both land line and wireless) has actually been very good. Given how huge they are and the current corporate trend to outsource/minimize and otherwise butcher anything closely related to service (ironic, IMO, in a "service-oriented economy"), I'd consider Verizon's customer service to be excellent.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    I manage a 135 phone setup at work and I moved 100+ lines of Cingular/At&t for no more reason that their customer service was absolutely horrible (but was compounded with their merger with each other). I went to Verizon, I deal with them daily. My last months bill was $11000. I absolutely love Verizon. They have their problems on occasion but infinantly better then the others. When I moved 100+ people to Verizon, not one complained about service in the last, in fact they all strait up told me Verizon was better. This was a 100% hit, not one person wanted to go back to at&T, that says a lot. We run about 50 PDA’s with the EV high speed data service, flawless so far over the past year.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    It's always amazed me how companies in general have the ability to bill you instantly or even shut off service instantly, but it takes days, weeks or even months in this case to refund or turn service back on.

We had a problem where a billing error caused a T-1 line to be shut off at work. They tried to tell us it would take up to 24 hours to turn back on. ****, just flip the effer to ON...NOW! We did get it back on in less than 2 hours.

Shawn, call and threaten to switch to comcast. That should light a fire.

John
    No excuses!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Shawn, call and threaten to switch to comcast. That should light a fire.

John

I like it do it :D

And or call the PSC but you didn't hear it from me. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    All the telcos have their ups and downs. When something starts to go
    South, it tends to keep going that way. Normally, it's because someone
    made a mistake, and the system won't let them change it.
    I had a couple ISDN BRI lines in NYC about 10 years ago for video conferencing.
    The long distance carrier on them was supposed to be Sprint on a corporate discount program.
    Instead, it was on AT&T casual dialing rates. Instead of $.07 a minute
    we were getting raked at over a dollar a minute. I placed 15 requests to change it. No go. I went to the local telco and yelled,asking for a supervisor.
    "sorry, we don't do that. Would you care to create an order?"
    I went crazy. I used every nasty four letter word and combo I even heard
    in the USMC. IT took about 10 minutes, and suddendly , click, a supervisor
    was there to talk to me about my language! I Immediately changed pace, and told here the order numbers that had not been performed. She created a new order. I asked for her name and a callback to confirm the work was done.
    A couple of days later, still no change. No callback. I called back looking for the supervisor. She stated that the order was complete. I told her to call the tech at the cental office and find out what went wrong. The tech got online and said " They used the wrong format for the order. They used a POTS form instead od ISDN BRI. I'll make the change now." I then asked the supervisor
    for a $5000 credit for the billing difference between carriers. for the
    three month period. That went nowhere.
    Bottom line. All cable and telephone companies are the same. When they
    run into something slightly different, they go brain dead. Policy may be
    customer first, but they don't know how to get there. Don't expect these idiots to ever get this 100% right. This is just one of hundreds of examples
    I've got!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2007
    SB,
    Moving to Comcast was my first reaction when she told me that the credits would not appear until March 15th. Then I remembered how horrible Comcast service is and she then informed me that outstanding balances would be submitted to my credit company. It was easily the most ridiculous conversation I have ever had. I spoke with someone else today and they informed that the credits would be on next months bill. I will wait to see what happens, but if not, I say we unleash the Krakken!!!!!!!!!

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2007
    At least you have the option of getting screwed by Verizon... for FIOS, I'd take it :D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Pssssssssss......

psc

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited December 2007
    If their system can add multiple charges to your bill in a month's time, they sure the hell can remove them all at once. Morons.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    If their system can add multiple charges to your bill in a month's time, they sure the hell can remove them all at once. Morons.........

The training class for "Removing Charges from Customer Bills" will be held at a date yet to be determined.
    No excuses!
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited December 2007
    If they are going to submit the charges to yoru credit company, couldn't you refute it through your crediter?

The company I used to work for got charge backs all the time and there was basically nothing e could do except eat it. Occasionally we could argue one but that didn't always work.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Repost this thread in every F**king paper in the region!!!
    Then find out who the regional director is and go to his friggin house, shotgun in tow, and say "LISTEN A**HOLE"
    I'm KIDDING(about the shotgun), but seriosly, they say March, so by that time you'll forget.
    I would file a complaint with EVERYBODY! State A.G., FCC, state consumer protection(if your state has one?)REALLY LIGHT THEM UP!
    Good luck
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2007
    It seems the business world is like the wild west now days. It appears everybody gets screwed on billing and hidden charges. My brother's propane supplier wanted to charge him $125 because he didn't use any gas (for heat) during the summer. He told them to still the tank up their backside and light it.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<