Dan Fogelberg - Deid of Cancer - Age 56

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have really enjoyed his music going all the way back to the early 70' when I was in college. Great songwriter, great musician and great performer. I for one will miss him.

"Same Old Lang Syne" Dan.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2007
    "Twin Sons" with Tim Weisberg was one of my faves in the '80s.

RIP.........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    R.i.p.
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    I still dig his music. Thanks for the post. I think I'll spin some vinyl in his memory tonight. RIP.

He was too young to pass on........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    RIP Mr. F.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2007
    "Twin Sons" with Tim Weisberg was one of my faves in the '80s.

RIP.........

Yup, RIP. He went to young.

But....I have vowed to shoot my tv if I ever hear "The Power of Gold" during an Olympics again.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    Wow, that's really sad.

It was always a blast to play Leader of the Band on the piano.

:(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2007
    Dan Fogelberg was my personal favorite. Sadly, when I visited his website a few weeks back and saw that it hadn't been updated since 2005 I kinda knew that things must not be going well. I also saw that his beloved Colorado ranch was up for sale.
    Peace Dan, and thank you.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    This is sad news.:( I listened to his music throughout my college years in the early/mid '70's. I liked "Souvenirs", "Netherlands", "Captured Angel" and others. RIP, his music will live on for many years.
    Carl

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    I have his greatest hits & his album with Tim Weisberg. Very talented man & went too young.

Gentlemen, start getting your prostrates checked, otherwise you could die a very early unneccesary death just like this talented man!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited December 2007
    Wow that is sad news.

I sang a song of his at my SIL wedding. He was a wonderful song writer.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Too Young RIP :(

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited December 2007
    Thanks, Dan, for the music I enjoyed so much during college years. I was spinning the Twin Sons album not too long ago.

Cfrizz is right...if you are at or about 40 you should get a PSA included in your annual phsyical blood work. The Prostate Specific Antigen test is the best way to catch anything going on early.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,425
    edited December 2007
    Leader of the Band was in heavy rotation at my house when I was a kid. I've got a lot of sentimental value attached to the songs that remind me of my folks.

Hope you've found your peace, Dan.

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Rest in peace Dan.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited December 2007
    we lost a great musician yesterday.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Polkaroo
    Polkaroo Posts: 16
    edited December 2007
    That really sucks! I used to listen to "Souvineers" all the time. In fact, I still have a few of his tunes on my mp3. One of the most relaxing albums ever. Joe Walsh plays on it, and a bunch of other top notch musicians....RIP
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I got into his music in the early 70's - Captured Angel & then Souvenirs - still two of my all time favorite albums. He was one of the absolute best singer-songwriters ever. He knew how to craft a song that captured and expressed feelings so well. His music really moved me and moves me still.

Wish there were more like him.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Bummer, I liked his music. Prostate cancer is scary stuff.
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    I trust then you get your's checked once a year as well as get a blood test right Joe?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I trust then you get your's checked once a year as well as get a blood test right Joe?

Yep since I turned 50. I hate the finger, ouch!:D
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    It's a hell of a lot better & shorter than a long spreader & then come the fingers, then the snatch & grab! You've got it easy!

And when they start doing mammograms on men, then you REALLY can complain!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    It's a hell of a lot better & shorter than a long spreader & then come the fingers, then the snatch & grab! You've got it easy!

And when they start doing mammograms on men, then you REALLY can complain!

As long as they don't do the mammograms on the lower regions I'll be okay!!! OUCH!

BTW the finger when the prostate is swollen is a head through the ceiling tile experience!!!:D
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    How'd you know that this is what I want to do to the evil man that invented the mammogram machine!:mad::mad::D
    As long as they don't do the mammograms on the lower regions I'll be okay!!! OUCH!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    Flattening out a boobies is something I think they did in medeval days as a way of coercing a confession out of someone. I guess the Doc who invented that machine really dug history!:eek: