Tube headphone amp, Like New!

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited December 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is an "Antique Sound Lab" headphone amplifier which is called the "MG/HEAD_OTL". It uses a 12AX7 or similar preamp tube which allows easy tube rolling to make it sound like whatever you like. For amplification it uses two EL-84 power tubes. The "OTL" stands for Output TransformerLess. You can select the output either through the transformers or directly from the tube outputs for a very pure sound. The input comes in the back through two RCA jacks or a mini jack for mp3 players or anything with that sort of output jack.

The condition is excellent/perfect with no scratches or marks of any kind. It has been used for less than 10 hours total (maybe even less than 5 hours) so it is still far from being broken in. I just never used it other than toying with it when I first received. I like the roar of the speakers blowing my hair back so the headphones just never got used. It comes with original packaging materials.

Stocking stuffer quality here. :D
Imagine how cool you will look sitting beside the fire in your smoking jacket, a fine drink in your hand with the orange glow of tubes in the backround listening to fine music. It just doesn't get any better! :)

Shipped in the US48. Canada.
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2007
    Options
    How tall is the amp?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I'm guessing 7" or 8" tall. I can measure tonight and post tomorrow. Sorry, I wasn't expecting that question.
    madmax

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    Options
    WOW..

If I were into headphones , this would be a no-brainer
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Here is their current model: http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ASMGHOTL3

The current model shows a cover over the tubes and removes the power supply from the main unit to a seperate box. This was a mod many did with the model I have. The height listed there is 6.3 inches. I think it is the same box but am not positive.
    madmax

• sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2007
    Options
    yer killin' me, chuck!!!:eek: $170!!! Must reeeeesist reckless urge to splurge!!:(:mad: there! breathing better, phew!:p

peaceful calm

if you still have end of next week.....I'm IN!!!! haha there I said it!:D i'm really, really sick, i thinks:):):)
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Just pull the trigger, it feels good... :)
    madmax

• sda2mike
    edited December 2007
    Options
    yer EVIL, i tell ya!:D gotta think of others, during this time of giving:rolleyes: then it's all about ME again!:p
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    Options
    wow.. cool unit.. i'm sure it sounds just as good... def something I'd love to have. Not sure I can swing it though right now.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I can't lower the price any more but we can work with payment details... (In my best used car voice).
    madmax

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,564
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I've got one just like it. I got mine from this guy
    http://www.nickdangerous.com/misc/mghead/
    A couple of NOS tubes, and you're set.
    You guys with Senns, this works great. Andygwis, you need
    this amp! You'll not find a better price.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • sda2mike
    edited December 2007
    Options
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Received PM. Sent PM. Sale pending.
    madmax

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2007
    Options
    If this falls through, let me know. Just sold off some of my 2-channel rig and this might hold me over till I replenish it.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    If this falls through, let me know. Just sold off some of my 2-channel rig and this might hold me over till I replenish it.

Looks like its a done deal but if anything happens I'll let you know.
    Thanks,
    madmax

• madmax
    edited December 2007
    Options
    The headphone amp has shipped.
    madmax

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2007
    Options
    to me ?!? :)

Just kidding. Good snag, Mike. Serves me right going to the boring **** Cowboys game yesterday instead of camping out the forum for headphone amp deals.

Honestly, never even wanted one of these, but with my 2-channel rig up in the air and such a cheap price, definitely seemed worth a shot.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • sda2mike
    edited December 2007
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    madmax

thanks chuck:) gotta get me a 'smoking jacket' and maybe a bott of glenfiddich;) for some listening sessions. i need better phones too. i have sennheiser hd500. not that great. i'll be getting the 580, 600 or.....650;)

i'll post a review. i should be receiving the Yaqin Tube Buffer around the same day:cool:.