Who here works out? What do you think about...

2»

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2007
    Nah, save your membership fee's and motivate yourself. I think that with you having to even ask about it, shows you might have a motivation problem! :D

Get off your butt, and give me 50 Burpee's... forget the gym. Why waste the money? If you aren't motivated enough to work out alone, you think that a gym will truly hold your attention for long?

Don't kid yourself...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Nah, save your membership fee's and motivate yourself. I think that with you having to even ask about it, shows you might have a motivation problem! :D

Get off your butt, and give me 50 Burpee's... forget the gym. Why waste the money? If you aren't motivated enough to work out alone, you think that a gym will truly hold your attention for long?

Don't kid yourself...

I'm definately not motivated to work out at home...but once I get myself to the gym I can't stop. There is too much potential at the gym it keeps my motivation level sky high. Then I get back home and eat a pizza(kidding.) :D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    (kidding.) :D
    No you're not.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    No you're not.

Damn, busted. Ok, i do my mowing down on saturday nights. :D

Better than the nothing you do AB! Go curl bibles or something. ;)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Oh it's on now Lou....I'm going to greet you at the next Polkfest with a spinning back fist and a hatchet chop to your neck....well, whatever that mass is that is attached to your head/shoulders.

No offense, but unless you find a way to sneak a good solid kick to his balls at the start, my money is on Lou! Hell, you got owned by a bush at Troys!

You're done!

"FRAG OUT!" ;)
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Foliage has many arms my friend and it will happen to you someday.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    I love you like the illegitimate **** brother I never had Mark, but my rent money is on Lou also. This isn't keep away, where you'd win for sure - if Lou gets his meathooks on you, you're chopped beef friend, period, end of story. End of Dorokusai.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    I had a home gym and a treadmill in the house AND I actually used them. I like working out though. As far as choice of exercises, I would take weight training over aerobics any day. Weight training shapes the body and increases the metabolism by adding muscle which burns more calories even at rest.

I joined a gym now as my stuff is in storage and I go but I much prefer to work out at home. I also run about 25 miles a week.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    You know, if you want motivation, whether you are married or not, just think of it this way. When you start exercising and trim down, you feel better about yourself. You have more confidence, you seems to smile more and you are just more pleasant overall 'cause you don't get tired so easily and you actually sleep better too. But on top of that, you look as good as you feel. You get noticed by the opposite sex, sometimes even the same sex if you are into that sort of thing. No matter what though, the ego boost that getting noticed and maybe even hit on by a member of the opposite sex is a good motivational agent!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    Agreed, I met Lou. One year salary on Lou and I am not even a betting man. That is not even close to being a contest. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    Glemay --

Why not do both? You said you only needed some weights at home, and they're pretty cheap. So do both -- join the gym and work out at home. It's the best of both worlds. After a few months you'll find out which option you like most.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Ferres
    Ferres Posts: 310
    edited December 2007
    Just add something new to the routine so it doesn't get boring in the long run. :)
    Gear: Rotel RC 1082, Rotel RSP 1068 pre/pro, Rotel RMB1077 amp, Cayin CDT 15a CD player, S301 bluray.

Speakers: Tannoy DC sensys speakers, Paradigm Servo15 Sub, Velo Spl-1500r

Conditioner: Isotek :D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2007
    Gym memberships aint that much. I pay $25 a month for mine. Buying the weights yourself is very expensive. Yeah you can buy a bench and 310 lbs of weight for $300 or so, but you get no dumbells, you dont have a squat rack, you have very few things to work back with and so on. Spending $25 a month on the gym you have much more equipment at your disposal. Not to mention, youll be around like minded lifters and in talking with them youll learn new things and get new ideas on training.

We cant make the decision for you. If youre just wanting to toss around some weights just to tone up a little, then drop the $300, buy a bench press and jog. If youre wanting to do some serious lifting (Im not talking about pro bodybuilding) then a gym is the best place to be.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D