zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited December 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    looks like a boxed subwoofer for a car. even i could figure that one out.. and i'm not that brite ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2007
    Polk Audio C4 from the Mobile Monitor series.

4 6x9 subs in an isobaric configuration. Two pairs mounted in a push-pull configuration with one side in a sealed chamber and the otherside in a bandpass chamber. Get the frequency response of a sealed sub but the volume of a band-pass.

Get a decent stereo amp about 150-200 watts per channel and put it in low-pass more. Cross it over at about 80-100 watts and throw it in a hatchback, SUV or something and boom away. Definitely stout, I use mine for a home theater sub powered by a NAD amp pushing about 60 watts per channel. Plenty loud.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • zingo
    edited December 2007
    Thanks Jstas. Interesting set-up and it might be worth a look. It's amazing that people don't sell their products better...
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited December 2007
    woow interesting, i ve never seem anything like that
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • zingo
    edited December 2007
    How much do you think it is worth? The seller wants $50 obo, but obviously, the less I pay the better. I have been looking for something to go behind the seat of my truck, and this MIGHT do the trick. Of course, sound quality is also important since all the rest of the speakers in my truck are Polk, and output would be nice. (I'm not expecting it to sound like the W7 I used to have)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    We cant tell you how much its worth. Its a very old setup that we have no idea how well it was maintained and how much it was abused.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it