Ds-2

dbohls
dbohls Posts: 4
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
I am having a problem with the DS-2 receiver, recognizing digital signals. I have tried both coax and fiber from my Sony DVD player that is set to transmit DOLBY DIGITAL, but the only recognition the DS-2 receive is pro-logic. WHY?
Post edited by dbohls on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Hello,
    Thanks for contributing to the Forum. It might be best if you could give me a call at 1-800-377-7655 extension 891 and we can go over the operation of your system. One thing that comes to mind, however, is the program material itself. Most DVDs require some menu selections for surround sound. Also the co-axial cable should be a true 75 ohm impedance cable. But, give me a call and I'm sure we can figure it out.
    Best regards, Ken Swauger
  • dbohls
    dbohls Posts: 4
    edited September 2001
    Fortunately, I figured it out. It was in fact the DVD player. One might as well through away the manual when configuring a Sony DVD player and give trial and error a chance. I can assure all that the next DVD player I buy will not be a Sony.
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited September 2001
    Hi:

I have a Sony DVP C660 Changer. I have had it almost a year and it has not given me any problems. Manual is very plain and easy to understand. Also have had other Sony products, Cassette decks, CD players etc. No problem.

Gary
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Hello,
    Good, I'm glad you got things working.
    Have fun, Ken