4GB ****!

2»

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    I remember the upgrade from 3.11 to Windows 95. 90% of people out there still had 4 megs of ram and you needed at least 8 megs to run it. People were furious, they all called Win 95 a disaster, the worst OS of all time. People with 8 megs of ram were able to run it pretty good but the hardware still ran it slow). All kinds of people were popping up, telling them to buy apples. People proudly announced that Windows 95 was going to be a failure and that no PC would ever be created to run it good.

Fast forward to today, switch 4 megs with 4 gigs and its just about the same thing with Vista :)

That was just about the same time that My professor in "c" class told us that no processor would ever be made faster then the Pentium 90MHZ.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    My teacher in HS (88) said the mouse would never catch on:p
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited December 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Well my first computer was an Atari 400...

Mine as well. I still think about how my fingers felt after typing in a program from Compute! magazine. At least I had the tape drive to save the programs.
    It still amazes me that programs could run as well as they did in 4k of RAM. I guess if we didn't have all the Visual this or Visual that programming languages we wouldn't need a gigabyte of RAM, much less 4GB.